MAINTENANCE LEAD HAND – JD Irving Juniper Tree Nursery
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Lead Hand* for our State-of-the-Art Tree Seedling Nursery at the Juniper Tree Nursery located in Juniper, New Brunswick.* In this role, you will be responsible for developing and directing the implementation of the nursery repair and maintenance plan in consultation with nursery staff.
- Overseeing, executing, and directing maintenance operations on a day-to-day basis
- Assisting nursery staff during the core operations ensuring daily maintenance of the equipment
- Ensuring that all greenhouse equipment is fully operational
- Enhancing the Nursery Preventative Maintenance Plan
- Participation in the maintenance and implementation of an effective risk management plan
- Providing input into annual capital expense planning and implementation
- Experience in a similar position or license in electrical, mechanical or carpentry would be considered an asset.
- Safety focused for every task as well as compliance with required standards
- Mechanically oriented with a strong understanding and skills in mechanical devices, controls, electrical, plumbing and carpentry
- Hands on, flexible and does not mind lending a hand in various nursery operations from time to time
- Enjoys working alone or in a team environment
- Accommodation close to location available if needed
J.D. Irving Woodlands is JDI's division dedicated to overseeing sustainable forest management, research and conservation, and protection of our forests from fire and insect outbreaks. Focused on rigorous land management and responsible stewardship, Irving Woodlands is guided by a 100-year Management Plan that preserves the environmental and ecological integrity of our land, air, water and wildlife. We are committed to applying disciplined science, advanced technology and best practices while ensuring accountability through independent audits and environmental certification.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent