We are looking for an experienced and passionate Pastry Cook to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for baking and creating delicious pastries, desserts, and other baked goods. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest standards of quality. We are looking for someone who is creative, organized, and detail-oriented with a commitment to excellence.
- Prepare doughs, batters, and icings according to recipes.
- Bake cakes, cookies, pies, and other pastries in accordance with recipes.
- Work with a team to ensure that all orders are completed on time.
- Ensure and provide consistent and timely food preparation following Epicuria Inc. food service and hospitality standards.
- Strong, effective and polite communication with all departments affecting the kitchen - specifically catering and retail
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms and that food products are rotated to ensure high standards of freshness.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and positive manner.
- Take an active role in the production and presentation of all food products to maintain the best quality food style possible while adhering to menu specifications
- Excellent Baking Skills
- Familiarity with mixer, sheeter, convection oven
- ability to organize and work cleanly and efficiently
- comfortable with volume and variable production demands of catering
Epicuria is a prepared food shop and catering business that has operated in Ottawa for over thirty years. We pride ourselves in healthy value driven prepared meals and seasonal creative catering.
We offer a steady daytime schedule with work life balance. We are proud to work in hospitality and acknowledge the skill and talent required to create great food.
We strive to hire and develop a team that cares about the details and takes pride in the food they create.
We attract—and strive to keep—committed members of a team. Our talented and dedicated people share a sincere desire to work together to create and serve exceptional food that, in turn, unites others.**
We’re always interested in meeting people who:
- are genuinely passionate about food and people
- have high standards for their own work and their workplace
- love working in a fast-paced environment
- care about the small details
- have terrific people skills
- want to grow with our company
Epicuria has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you have specific ergonomic needs or require other accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact us directly at 613-745-7356.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Baking/Decorating: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person