Who We Are:
At DBM Vircon we see the future through a very different lens. With over five decades of experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, DBM Vircon is recognized as one of the industry-leading design/detailing and digital engineering companies. Drawing upon over 900 team members, with experience in over 6 continents, we regularly challenge the status quo by delivering high-end solutions and integrated delivery methods on some of the industry’s largest projects. Innovation, eminence, and digital are at the heart of everything we do.
Looking to expand our Engineering and Design footprint in North America, we are seeking highly motivated, energetic, and proactive individuals who are looking to take on a larger role in their careers.
This is a key role for an experienced Senior/Piping Designer to assist with the execution of projects. This role will initially serve as an intermediary between multiple clients and delivery teams in Australia and India, strong written and verbal communication skills will be essential. The success of this role will be down to the individual with plenty of opportunity for growth and travel domestically and internationally to the Asia-Pacific region.
DBM Vircon is seeking a Senior/Piping Designer to fill a position within our Vancouver Office. Reporting to the Design Lead, your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Recruit, hire & manage other more junior resources both domestically and internationally as well as other support staff as necessary to support both office and project requirements
- Be client-facing by continuing to build project and client relationships with and support the Business Development team in the growth of new relationships.
- Participate in engineering projects in developing project design deliverables as required
- Perform technical drafting and modelling within the allocated time, budget, and quality constraints
- Produce drawings, isometrics, line lists, material take-offs, 3D models, and other required drafting deliverables
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of design standards and codes as they apply to projects
- Ensure that all design deliverables have been prepared, checked, and approved in accordance with the Company Quality Assurance system
- Work with other engineers, designers and supervisors as required to support engineering project delivery
- Manage and report on project progress and forecasting
- Assist Lead Designer during model reviews
- 5+ years’ professional experience in the Energy and resource sectors;
- Experience working as a piping designer within Brownfield and Greenfield projects;
- Knowledge of and experience with both 2D and 3D design systems showcasing a good understanding of piping layouts and field drawings;
- Able to apply relevant industry design practices and key national and international standards and codes;
- Technical experience with Plant 3D/S3D, Navisworks, and AUTOCAD;
- Layout and design
DBM Vircon is a values-based organization and it is essential that the core values, beliefs, attitudes and behaviors of the successful applicant are aligned with that of DBM Vircon:
Integrity – You behave and act with the highest standard of integrity and honesty;
Excellence – You strive for excellence to deliver innovative and quality solutions and outcomes. Curiosity is integral to your approach to achieve this – always looking for better ways to do things. You are determined to succeed in all of your actions;
Collaboration – You seamlessly collaborate;
Respect – You respect and value other people – you are inclusive in your behaviors and actions. You inspire, empower and help other people to grow, succeed and lead;
Empathy – You understand, look after, and serve other people.
DBM Vircon believes that when people from different backgrounds, with different experiences, points of view and capabilities work together there is increased organizational competence, innovation, and performance. Diversity and inclusion assists us to come up with exciting ideas and solutions to problems, helping us to deliver a quality, distinct service to our wide range of clients. To strengthen our diversity, we welcome and strongly encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
DBM Vircon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to join our team, please apply now by submitting your resume addressing the above criteria. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burnaby, BC V3N 0G8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you comfortable working in an onsite setting?
- piping designer within Brownfield and Greenfield projects: 5 years (required)
- Plant 3D/S3D: 1 year (required)
- NavisWorks: 1 year (required)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (required)
- energy: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person