Project Manager, Renewables - ( 230003Q2 )
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you’ll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you’ll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world’s top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
As energy transitions continue to evolve, the opportunities continue to increase. There’s no end to the scope and significance of your work — and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we’re problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a new EV Charging system for travelers, retrofitting an existing facility for fleet EV charging, grid scale BESS or integrating BESS into an existing renewable energy system, you’ll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that’s critical to our clients and our communities. The Energy and Renewables landscape is is changing — and we’re helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that’s working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the Energy team in our Waterloo office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Be the client interface and primary point of communication.
- Assist the business development team through the preparation of proposals and engineering cost estimates. Working with the Project Engineers, oversee and coordinate the preparation of technical engineering work scope and cost estimations.
- Identify project resources needed and communicate needs to applicable department personnel.
- Create and execute project work / project execution plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of projects.
- Direct Project Engineers and full engineering disciplines to meet project needs for the execution of the design and deliverables for projects.
- Ensure compliance with project plan and procedures in accordance with Stantec’s project framework for quality, safety and environmental aspects.
- Review key project deliverables for technical feasibility and to ensure multi-discipline engineering documents are cohesive.
- Plan, develop, monitor and control project resources, costs and adherence to schedule to promote quality, value, timeliness, and profitability. Manage project cost control and schedule, budget vs. actual, and implement change management activities accordingly.
- Provide risk management reporting at the portfolio and project level.
- Work with clients and the project team to develop design basis, concepts, project structure, project code accounts, and documentation requirements.
- Coordinate key meetings or review points.
- Ensure local, provincial and federal codes and standards are being met.
- Monitor, assess and provide project progress / status reporting as required.
- Oversee the implementation of corporate quality and safety standards into the projects.
- Function as designated contract liaison with client on project contract performance and delivery.
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization as required for project monitoring, control and reporting.
- Working with the Project Engineers, ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately. Provide direction to the project team for design, scheduling, cost control and deliverables production to meet the requirements of the project contract documents.
- Promote the Stantec Health, Safety and Environmental programs throughout all phases of the project.
- Promote innovation throughout all phases of the project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability with proven experience to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Project work experience in the Energy Transition, EV charging, Renewables (Solar and Wind), BESS and other electrical industries required.
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written) required.
- Ability to communicate with clients and project teams on technical level.
- Experienced in writing proposals.
- Extensive experience with electrical design, construction, and federal/provincial regulatory jurisdictions within Canada.
- Experience with structural and civil design aspects and ability to interface with other project disciplines / project teams and subcontractors.
- Past experience supervising engineering staff / project teams preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Travel to project locations in Ontario and Quebec may be required.
- Fluent in both official languages is considered an asset
Education and Experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in project management of consulting engineering energy transition, renewables or electrical industrial projects.
- Professional Engineering P. Eng (or equivalent experience) required.
- Project Management Certification (PMP), is considered an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the communities around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEnergized
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1265 Energy-CA Central
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 18, 2023, 11:01:07 AM
Req ID: 230003Q2
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans