Manager, Brand Communications - Outdoor
Department: adidas Global Brands - Marketing
Direct Reporting Line: Senior Manager Communications – NAM Outdoor
Location: Woodbridge, ON
GSMS Grade: M4
Personnel managed: No
To ensure perfect planning and execution of the Outdoor Category Brand Marketing plans in Canada for designated categories and/or partnerships. Serve as the primary day-to-day lead for key internal programs and external agency partners that extend across Category and Brand initiatives.
Key Responsibilities (Functional):
- Lead in strategic communications planning phase for the Outdoor category in close collaboration with the Sr. Manager, NAM Brand Communications and the BU Merchandising lead(s).
- Lead the overall planning and execution brand marketing initiatives for the Outdoor category in Canada including: brand communications and events, public relations, media planning, wholesale/trade marketing, retail/DTC marketing, digital marketing and Sports Marketing.
- Maintain a deep operational relationship with Merchandising leads/teams to ensure full coordination of brand activities and compliance with brand activation calendar
- Develop seasonal calendars to drive awareness of Terrex and support key product launches.
- Lead in the development and communication of strategic planning, calendar and tool kit preparation. Responsible to brief/drive coordination with key commercial stakeholders in DTC, Ecomm, Wholesale.
- Responsible to brief NAM media & digital activation teams to create brand media & performance media plans, work with them on the creation of performance media strategy & creative (assets for paid search, paid social, CRM, .ca and adidas app)
- Responsible for the daily management of internal and external resources (agencies/ vendors) in campaign briefing and execution
- Maintain close strategic ties with US and Global category counterparts to inform global asset creation ensuring all local BU needs are met
- Work with Trade, DTC and Digital teams to adapt and align on localized tools. Provide all final tools for execution across all channels.Where necessary, lead in creation of tool kits to support local BU priorities in close partnership with US/Global colleagues.
- Respond to sponsorship and product seeding requests
- Participate in brand/ category presentations (SMM, prelines, etc) as required, assisting in presentation development
- Manage the Brand Experience Representative program in market to maximize brand awareness and drive traffic to own Retail, including strategy creation and demo product management
- Develop, coordinate and manage all purchase orders, invoices and necessary documentation for finance sign off on all budgeted programs. File and manage all documentation for future reference
- Monitors budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- In partnership with the merchandising and trade marketing teams, lead seasonal changeover of marketing collateral in adidas showrooms, lobbies and meeting rooms to ensure consistent brand messaging at all times.
- Working with PR firm, establish a base of editors and stylists for product placement. Determine a strategy around influencers and continue to monitor and measure ongoing success, adjusting when required
- Coordinate the collection of all media coverage with communication to appropriate adidas team members, Sales, Finance and SLT/ELT
- Develop North American and Global PR contacts to ensure collaboration and information flow for the development of Canadian programs
- Collaborate with Sports Marketing and team on all brand events, coordinating and providing clear direction for final execution
- Working with Sr. Digital and Brand Media Manager, develop and manage local category digital strategy and executions
- Maintain a deep operational relationship with U.S. Communication Category leads, Global Brand Communications and channel heads to ensure full coordination with brand activation calendar.
- Manage and lead events to ensure a consistent and consumer relevant message is brought to life in the Canadian market across all key touchpoints
- Manage and lead activation and communications strategy for owned retail stores, working directly with Store Managers
- Direct Line Manager: Sr Outdoor Comms Mgr (Portland based)
- Dotted Line Manager: Director, Brand Comms Canada (Toronto based)
- Canada Outdoor BU & Commercial leads: Merch, Wholesale, Retail/DTC, Ecom)
- Dotted line association with Canada Marketing team
- Outdoor Global & US Communication Teams, Director/Manager/ Coordinator, etc.
- Key agency partners: Mediacom, H&K PR, Salt XC events
- NAM Newsroom
- Spoma/Culture Marketing
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Manager with significant marketing knowledge and experience in sport and/or fashion/lifestyle categories, Outdoor industry experience preferred
- Fluent in English (writing and verbal)
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- High level of organization with a structured, methodical way of working
- Advanced skills across all Microsoft office software
- Good at building relationships across a variety of levels
- Strong negotiation skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University or College Graduate. Major in marketing preferred.
- 3- 5 years of marketing experience.
- 2 years+ experience managing communications in a leading sports/and or fashion brand environment
HEALTH & SAFETY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the duties and responsibilities of all adidas Canada full-time, seasonal-temporary and contract workers:
- Keep workplace safe and orderly.
- Report all accidents, injuries, contraventions of the Act and unsafe conditions to the Supervisor / Manager.
- Inspect immediate workplace daily and maintain to standards and report any hazards to Supervisor / Manager immediately.
- Use and wear the personal protective equipment or clothing required by the Occupational health & Safety Act and / or the Company, and shall not remove or make ineffective any protective device required by the regulations or by the Company without providing an adequate temporary protective device.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Act and the Company safety policies.
- Report to Supervisor / Manager the absence of, or any defect in, any equipment or protective devices of which s/he is aware and which may endanger her/himself or another worker; and also any hazard of which s/he knows.
- Not use or operate any equipment, machine, device or thing or work in a manner that may endanger him/herself or any other worker, nor engage in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
- Know and employ established rules and procedures for handling hazardous materials, equipment and processes.