The On-Site Construction Administrator provides administrative support to the Construction Supervisor and project staff at job site locations by maintaining construction records, collecting and organizing job site data, and ensuring all appropriate documentation is received and signed off as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones, relay messages, coordinate mail and generally oversee the office operations of the remote job site.
- Proficiently administer all clerical duties including, but not limited to typing, document preparation, filing, mail, and scanning.
- Update and maintain purchase order logs, shop drawing and submittal logs, and plan logs.
- Retrieve documents as required.
- Submit documents to applicable agencies as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Most work is performed in an office environment.
- Some work is performed outside in all weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Willingness and ability to travel out of town to perform work as necessary.
- Must provide own steel toe boots.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel experience are required.
- Knowledge of workplace safety rules, instructions and policies.
- Strong verbal and listening communication skills
- Time management skills
- Must demonstrate the following personal attributes: honest and trustworthy, respectful, flexible, and have sound work ethics.
- Experience working in a construction field would be an asset.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$28.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- administration: 5 years (required)
- construction: 5 years (required)
- Drivers Licence (required)
Work Location: In person