Why work for us?
- Extended Benefits
- Hotel Discounts
- $19 an hour
- Staff accommodations available
Like to talk? A lot? Can't focus on one thing at a time? Squirrel! Come check out a Front Desk Position with NVD's Whitehorse hotels. We have positions available within our portfolio for an individual that likes to meet and greet guests while doing plenty of other tasks at the same time. We love personality and if that is you, we urge you to submit a resume and apply. This is a fantastic career opportunity to grow with a company that is also expanding.
- Take, cancel, register and change room reservations;
- Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments;
- Investigate and resolve complaints and claims;
- Exchange foreign currency; Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms;
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages;
- Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying, answering phone calls);
- Follow emergency and safety procedures;
- Provide customer service; Assist clients/guests with special needs;
- Other duties as assigned.
We are able to train candidates for this position and require no special experience, but there are a few benchmarks which need to be met before hiring. Before applying, please ask yourself- Can I communicate effectively in English? Can I show up on time for all of my scheduled shifts? Can I accurately and effectively handle and count cash? Do I work well with others, and can I provide a positive experience for guests? Bonus points for additional languages, previous experience, and great people skills!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
NVD is proud to be close to 48% First Nations owned and approximately 73% Yukon owned. Having several successful partnerships across the Yukon.
NVD Hospitality boasts a portfolio of unique hotels and restaurants across the territory. In Whitehorse: The Edgewater Hotel, The Best Western Gold Rush Inn, Earls, Gold Pan Saloon, and the Belly of the Bison; In Dawson: The Downtown a Coast Hotel, Midnight Sun Hotel, Jack London Grill, Sourdough Saloon; In Mayo: The Bedrock, and the North Star Motel.
The company is proud to support the community, providing space, resources, and staff to countless non-profits including Adaka, Special Olympics Yukon, Yukon Rendezvous, and more. NVD also supports it’s staff with training opportunities, housing, healthcare benefits, and ample opportunity for career growth.
NVD is proud to have a diverse and wide range of cultures and people. And while we don't always agree, we always respect each other. Did you know that men apply for jobs when they only have 60% of the qualifications, while women and other underrepresented groups are reluctant to reply to a posting unless they believe they have 100% of what is requested? They say everything you want is on the other side of fear and you have nothing to lose by reaching out to us and applying or asking questions. Let's have a chat and get to know each other to see if we are a match for your career.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whitehorse, YT: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person