DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
We are seeking a growth-minded leader to represent DigitalOcean in the Kubernetes space and lead our efforts to drive awareness, conversion and usage amongst businesses and individual developers for DigitalOcean's Kubernetes portfolio of products and solutions. You understand both Product-Led Growth (PLG) and the Kubernetes space and - cross-functionally working with our Product and GTM teams - will lead DigitalOcean's efforts in this space. This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark in a rapidly growing space in cloud infrastructure!
- Drive growth in awareness and customer acquisition and engagement across the entire customer lifecycle: Identify opportunities and develop and execute growth strategies across appropriate acquisition channels (e.g., organic, paid, referrals) and appropriate customer lifecycle stages (e.g., awareness, consideration / trial, retention and expansion) in order to grow Kubernetes usage and revenue.
- Understand and report on the Kubernetes customer acquisition funnel: Working with our analytics teams, understand and track key drivers for awareness-building and conversion improvements across the entire customer lifecycle for DigitalOcean's Kubernetes portfolio
- Collaborate with our Go-To-Market teams to ensure customer success: Working with GTM team to ensure clear hand-offs in the customer experience around onboarding, success, retention and expansion to drive revenue.
- A gifted growth marketer: Have a strong background in growth marketing and product-led growth to deliver revenue growth, with familiarity of the various levers along the customer journey. A growth mindset with the willingness to roll your sleeves up and build a program from the ground up in an exciting and emerging space is also a plus.
- Strong understanding and involvement in the Kubernetes community: Strong knowledge where Kubernetes builders go to find solutions to their problems, tools they use, and groups they belong to. Willingness and ability to be the face of Kubernetes to our customers. Hands-on experience with Kubernetes and related infrastructure is a plus.
- Track record in leading cross-functional teams to grow revenue: Deep expertise in marketing and leading teams to deliver revenue and customer acquisition growth. Customer empathy: Ability to relate to the challenges of direct customers and speak to their needs across the entire customer lifecycle.
- Strong project management experience: Ability to follow internal processes and keep moving multiple projects through the pipeline simultaneously.
- Collaborative expertise: A proven track record of working cross-functionally to ship product, campaigns and other customer-facing experiences.
- Analytical acumen: Experience using reporting tools (Looker a plus) to gather insights, and strong presentation skills to translate insights into narratives.
- We reward our employees. The base salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. The salary range for this role is specific to candidates located within the U.S. and will vary for candidates outside the U.S.. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.