Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems and is at the forefront of contributing to safer, more sustainable aviation for current and future generations. We design, test, manufacture and assemble landing gear used on commercial aircraft including Airbus and Boeing, Bombardier and the military. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
Job Title: Supplier Performance Quality Lead (SPQL- Hydraulic Systems and Proprietary Parts)
Location: Ajax Ontario
Scope of the role:
- Manage the operational performance (Logistics & Quality) of suppliers
- Ensure the monitoring of suppliers and their approvals
- Support the development of suppliers (Supplier Development)
Can you manage your time and work efficiently under minimal supervision to achieve the objectives listed above? If so, read on!
- Participate in the evaluation of suppliers during the selection process
- Evaluate the level of supplier risk, define & deploy the associated monitoring plans, including to support he ramp up/down phases and the introduction of new products/dual source implementation
- Analyze the logistics and quality performance of suppliers and quantifies the quality (NQC) and logistics (LD) compensation (scorecard) based on the measurements carried out by the supplier and SQF (Supplier Quality Flow)
- Lead the escalation process: in case of escalation to the red/black level, directly pilot activities D4 to D8 of the 8D
- Manage and develop the quality standard.
- Manage supplier approvals, ensure the quality requirements are taken into account by suppliers and internal SLS Teams
- Support supplier maturity upgrading plans and promote best practices (MRPII, QRQC, 8D, AMDEC, SPC etc.)
- Support suppliers in the implementation of progress plans in line with SLS objectives and Customer requirements.
- Set up supplier inspection/quality delegations (DPRV)
· Safran requirements & documentary system including quality standards
· Supply chain principles and tools, including audits, lean-sigma
· Principles and tools of quality including audits
· Cross-functional project management, multidisciplinary Team work
· Negotiation and contracts
· Change management
· Good level of written and oral English
· Master intercultural relationship
· Communication and listening, sense of the field, pragmatic
· Rigor, spirit of analysis and synthesis
· Power of persuasion
· Ability to communicate and represent the company externally
College/ Technical Diploma/ associate degree in related discipline.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field or similar role
With more than 83,000 employees, in 276 locations across 27 countries, we are a global leader in the Aerospace, Defence and Space industries. Our mission is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible.
Our employees are at the heart of our success, and we work together towards Four People Fundamentals that underpin life at Safran:
- We believe in and promote diversity and inclusion as key values across our business.
- We develop our colleagues' skills and build opportunities so you can shape our future.
- We create a trustworthy workplace to support you, as you dare to act and innovate.
- We encourage collaboration and mutual support for you and your colleagues.
As a valued member of our team, these are just a few of the benefits you will receive:
- Hybrid/Flexible working hours with an early finish every Friday (37-hour work week)
- Pension Plan
- Health Benefits: Dental, Vison, Life, Disability
- Paid vacation days and the opportunity to purchase additional vacation days.
- Christmas/ Holiday Shut down.
- Subsidized cafeteria, free tea, coffee and hot chocolate,
- Free Parking - Premium parking for carpool and electric vehicles
- Casual dress Fridays
- Global and local career progression opportunities and sponsorship of training courses
- And much more!
Feeling hesitant because you do not meet all of the job requirements? Don't be! Safran Landing Systems is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and equitable team and encourages all applicants to apply.
We want to hear from you, apply today by submitting your resume!
Eligibility requirements: All applicants must meet the following requirements: Minimum age of 18 years.Pass the Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Diversity, Inclusion and Accommodations
We welcome applications from individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. SafranLS is committed to a positive, supportive, and inclusive environment with continual learning opportunities and a focus on well-being in the workplace.
SafranLS offers accommodations for people with disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process and will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to SafranLS in advance.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $78,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ajax, ON L1S 2G8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Logistics & Quality: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person