Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $33.66 - $48.38 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others?
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of nearly 45,000 medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Get your foot in the door at Fraser Health!
We have a temporary full time Business Analyst position available for five months until the end of March, 2024. We are looking for a passionate individual who loves to learn and is keen to be challenged with an exciting role with our Community, Primary Care and Ambulatory Team, including Profile aEMR. This is a hybrid position based in Surrey with a fun group of professionals who enjoy supporting each other to be their best selves and grow in their career. If this opportunity to launch your career at Fraser Health feels like it might be a good fit, please apply!
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation with you.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Analyst, Business Systems, Health Informatics - Community and Primary Care, is responsible for providing a range of business and systems analysis and support services to the community and primary care areas within Fraser Health. Analyzes business process re-engineering concepts and methods, with respect to health informatics, and develops, implements, and maintains health information systems and business practices pertaining to electronic health information capture and utilization. Ensures the development of the electronic health records for Fraser Health. Responsibilities:
- Supports, develops, and maintains the business processes necessary to facilitate care provider access to electronic health information systems by conducting feasibility studies and determining user requirements for the uptake of electronic health information functionality or systems.
- Participates in strategic planning support and change management services by assisting the Portfolio Manager or Lead in streamlining business processes and best practices for electronic health information capture and utilization.
- Provides business analysis by carrying out work flow analysis, developing business information requirements and models, assisting in defining business scope and objectives and planning, designing, or modifying practical manual and automated business processes.
- Participates in health information systems projects, under the direction of the Portfolio Manager or Lead, by providing business systems analysis support. May lead small projects.
- Analyzes and diagnoses health information systems applications and/or business issues and provides resolution to either the systems or the business processes. Supports business process changes and/or functional changes to health information systems in support of business practice requirements by testing, modifying, and maintaining the integrated health information systems applications.
- Develops Service Level Agreements between Information Management and assigned business areas to support the movement of projects to operational status, maintenance, and support.
- Assists in resolving any operational issues with health information systems as identified internally or externally from the Information Management Customer Service desk.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of health informatics goals, objectives, policies and procedures for Information Management and assigned business areas within Fraser Health.
- Participates on assigned internal and external committees as required and works collaboratively as a member of the Health Information Systems and Services team.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Systems Management or a related field plus two (2) to four (4) years' recent related business and systems analysis experience in a medium to large sized organization, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience with an electronic health information system, such as the Meditech PARIS, and/or Intrahealth Profile is preferred.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic health information systems.
- Ability to analyze business processes and business specifications.
- Knowledge of systems analysis, design and development life cycle theory, concepts and practices.
- Ability to develop innovative system/computing technology approaches and solutions for customer business needs.
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.