Amandine Pâtisserie is a French pastry shop located in Hintonburg. Our goal is to offer the best French pastries in Ottawa and we need passionate and talented pastry chefs to make it happen. We want to offer a healthy, rewarding and enjoyable work environment where you can grow with our young company.
Key points of our work environment :
- Casual work attire
- International workforce
- Safe working environment
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Tips (about 2$/hour)
About the Job:
We are looking for an experienced Pastry chef / Baker for our growing business. The Pastry chef is responsible for preparing a broad range of high-quality pastries in an open kitchen environment.
- Baking/ prepping in efficient and manageable time following recipes.
- Ensure consistent quality, preparation, and presentation of pastries
- Plan production schedule
- Assist with controlling waste and spoilage
- Assist with weekly inventory
- Maintain continual cleaning and sanitizing of surrounding work area
- May perform other job duties as required
- Schedule : Thursday to Sunday, 6am to 2pm
- Demonstrated professional experience as a pastry chef, preferably in an artisanal bakery or fine dining establishment.
- Solid knowledge and skills in traditional and contemporary French pastry.
- Creativity, passion and attention to detail in product development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, while respecting deadlines.
- Strict compliance with hygiene and food safety standards.
- Pastry diploma or equivalent training would be a plus.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Expected hours: No less than 30 per week
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Every Weekend
- Morning shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Baking: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person