Article Flag: Mandatory Vaccination Please Note:
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
Foundry central office is recruiting for a Senior Policy Analyst, to provide expertise on key policy projects. Together with the Policy and Partnerships Lead and Foundry leadership, this position will work across Foundry’s team internally and support external partnerships to identify policy issues impacting Foundry centres and youth and young adults across the province, and lead policy development projects.
The successful person will have strong skills in research and evaluation methods and analysis, including carrying out environmental scans, evidence reviews, and the synthesis of information across health and social sector topics. They will be familiar with collaborating with partners across viewpoints and familiar with partners across the provincial system of care.
They will also have a strong cultural agility, safety, and humility lens, as well as a justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion lens that they apply and can be demonstrated in their way of working and analytic processes.
The Senior Policy Analyst will report to Lead, Policy and Partnerships and join an exciting and developing team within Foundry that is dedicated to the strategic transformation of care.
Qualifications / Skills and Education:
Education, Training and Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in health or social sciences or related field, plus five (5) years recent, related experience in public policy and/or public health, including experience with partner engagement, project coordination, program development, strategic planning and grant management.
Recent relevant experience in mental health and substance use related discplines considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent writing skills and information analysis and synthesis skills, including reporting writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of policy cycle and policy development approaches, and ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of stakeholders to inform policy analysis, development and knowledge translation.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct policy relevant analysis and develop materials, including briefing notes, presentations, evidence reviews, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, design, organize, facilitate thoughtful engagement and decision-making processes with internal and external partners and stakeholders to support policy and project development.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods, including the ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate, and organize work.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and promote collaboration and change management, and work both independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach others.
- Knowledge and understanding of Canada and British Columbia’s health and social service sector social and institutional environment, as well as public health issues and topics, including social determinants of health and wellness and health and social equity.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP), and the PHC’s signatory to the Declaration of Cultural Safety and Humility.
- Demonstrated computer skills using standard desktop applications, internet applications and relevant databases, including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills on sensitive and emergent issues with tact, diplomacy and composure.
- Ability to travel for meetings as necessary.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Plans and conducts environmental scans, policy briefs, evidence reviews and similar documents in relevant topics. Compiles, analyze, and synthesize information related to integrated youth services, in collaboration with identified partners, aligned with methodological best practices. Leads development of policy-relevant knowledge products aimed at policy/decision-makers and broader IYS sector.
2.Plans, develops and undertakes policy development projects in collaboration with needed partners, including needed information collection, situation analysis, alternative solutions and recommendations.
3.Provides consultative guidance and support as a subject matter expert to internal and external organizational committees, planning and implementation groups. Coaches internal stakeholders and provides support with respect to policy process and development to build organizational capacity and expertise and improve standardization of policy processes.
4.Anticipates, identifies and analyses emerging health and social sector issues, policy requirements and trends. Maintains resources on emerging health system issues and trends to support policy development.
5.Provides leadership and supervision to the Policy Analyst. Provides coaching and mentoring; encourages development; monitors and evaluates work to ensure effective performance of duties.
6.Works in collaboration with Foundry Central Office (FCO) staff, Lead Agency, youth and family/caregviers, and external institutional partners to coordinate and facilitate collaborative relationships and common identification of strategic vision and policy priorities.
7.Under the guidance of the Leader, Policy and Partnerships, supports the development of organizational policy frameworks and processes. Provides project coordination in the development and implementation of assigned projects and initaitives, including documentation, tracking status, risks and issues and progress reports and briefing.
8.Works proactively across units to contribute to the development of evidence-based policy and quality improvement, evaluation and research projects.
9.Performs other related duties as required.