GARDEN CENTRE ASSOCIATE
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers?
We are currently hiring a Garden Center Department Sales Associate for our Kent store at our Riverview location at 535 Coverdale Rd
Garden Centre Sales Associates need to be extremely flexible. In addition to regular duties of customer service and stocking product, you are working in all sorts of weather conditions – hot, damp, dusty, windy….and many of your products are very heavy. You really need to lift correctly and vary your tasks.
You are also saving lives. (Plants do not survive long without proper watering). Ideally, you like plants and gardening as much as you enjoy working with people.
What you will do:
- Provide superior customer service – this includes greeting customers, providing information, completing sales, and arranging deliveries
- Maintain store standards – Inventory, Replenishment and Merchandising
- Learn about new products and attending Garden Center department specific training when provided
What you will bring:
- Excellent communication and team player
- Sales and customer service experience
- Knowledge on house plants, perennials and annuals considered an asset
- Possess a high level of attention to details
- Ability to work days/evening/weekends (rotating shifts)
- Ability to learn and operate the applicable computer system (D635) used to process orders
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent considered an asset
What we offer:
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, [email protected]
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you do not meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time