Manager, Talent Acquisition
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd.
Interested in joining one of Canada’s top performing asset managers? We are looking for a Manager, Talent Acquisition to join our growing Talent Acquisition team. This is an exciting opportunity for an emerging leader in the TA space to join an innovative and forward-looking team driven by meaningful partnerships & experiences. This role provides a great opportunity for an experienced recruiter and early TA Manager/Lead to further build on leadership expertise while continuing to manage end-to-end recruitment efforts.
What You Will Do
- Lead the Talent Acquisition function in partnership with the senior leadership team by providing ongoing team coaching and support
- Lead full cycle recruitment efforts by partnering with hiring managers across CC&L FG and our affiliates globally in order to select the best candidates to join the organization
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of TA data & support weekly, monthly & quarterly team reporting
- Develop effective recruitment strategies that ensure candidates are objectively sourced and evaluated effectively
- Establish effective sourcing strategies to support hiring needs through various mediums (I.e. LinkedIn Recruiter, niche job boards, social media, etc.)
- Ensure optimal hiring manager experiences by considering regular feedback, and maintaining frequent communication
- Maintain adequate performance through regular tracking & review of TA metrics
- Ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the hiring process
- Maintain knowledge of progressive Talent Acquisition best practices and trends
- Continuously challenge the status quo by iterating on and streamlining TA processes
- Partner with the leadership team & the broader HR team in ongoing initiatives where applicable
- Foster a growth mindset and focus on continuous development and staying abreast of industry best practices/standards
Who You Are
- An advisor and subject matter expert on all things talent acquisition
- Someone who enjoys mentoring and coaching others but is willing to lead by example and roll up their sleeves to get things done
- Solutions-oriented with a high sense of urgency & adaptability
- Someone who thrives on building and fostering relationships
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence decision making
- Data-driven in your approach to decision making
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Positive outlook and openness to receiving and providing feedback
- A team player who enjoys collaboration
What You Bring
- 8+ years of Talent Acquisition experience ideally within a fast-paced, high growth environment; experience working in a matrix organization an asset
- 1-2+ years of people leadership experience on a Talent Acquisition team
- Experience leading the full, end-to-end recruitment lifecycle on roles varying in level, with some focus on senior leadership hiring
- Experience and interest in TA data, reporting and insights
- Experience with various methods of sourcing strategies including LinkedIn Recruiter; additional sourcing and social media platforms an asset
- Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems and other TA platforms to support hiring initiatives
- Experience and comfort working in a metrics driven environment with proven success
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, etc.)
- **Our offices currently operate on a hybrid model with a combination of in office and remote working days throughout the week – this role will require 3 days/week in our Toronto office**
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. (“CC&LFG”) provides a broad range of traditional and alternative investment products and services to individuals, advisors, and institutional investors. Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, as well as distribution affiliates including Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital, which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single-strategy investments to individual investors. CC&LFG partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution, and business management. We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to approximately $110 billion in assets and nearly 800 people today. This has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward, we can see both opportunities and challenges for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining, and motivating the most talented people.
This is best achieved by:
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.