AUTOMATION INSTALL TECHNICIAN - WESTERN
Provides superior service to our customers by providing product and service information. Perform the installation, troubleshooting and repair of MiTek machinery. Provide training for customers on proper operations, maintenance, and repair of MiTek Wizard PDS® machinery.
· This position will require a lot of travel (80%) and can often be for long periods of time.
· We are looking for 1 individual to cover the Western regions of Canada (working out of Calgary office)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be able to install machinery per installation instructions
- Provide customer with operation and maintenance training at the end of each installation
- Troubleshoot and repair MiTek and c
- Be available for extended travel up to 80%.
- Stay current with the schedule and make travel arrangements.
- Submit service call reports and sign off sheets within 5 business days of trip completion to Office Manager.
- Be equipped with tools to service and install MiTek Machinery.
- Experience in installation and commissioning of entire truss assembly tables, including installation of press equipment and air control systems.
- Basic Computer operations and file management, including specific networking protocols.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with installation team, customer, and management in regard to work, scheduling, and travel arrangements.
· Complete monthly expense reports.
· Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the workstation ready for work at the start of the shift.
· Perform other duties as required.
· 2+ Years Industry Experience
· Ability to work closed with manufacturing and shipping for best sourcing of orders
Skills and Abilities
· Education: Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Experience: Mechanical assembly or repairs, Manufacturing.
· Other Requirements: Travel domestic and international (optional) is required.
· Other Skills and Abilities Preferred: Machine electrical experience. Mechanical experience, Mechanical assembly skills. Mechanical troubleshooting and repair. Basic welding: Ability to Weld mild steel in all positions with MIG and Arc processes. Accurate and safe use of metal cutting using oxy-acetylene and plasma torches. Ability to read and understand prints and schematics. Ability to read and understand pneumatic system schematics and instructions.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person