Graybar Canada is looking for people with a desire to start a long-lasting career at one of the oldest and largest wholesale electrical distributors in Canada.
Graybar Canada – a division of Graybar Electric US – is a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, automation and telecommunications products that supports these operations through related supply chain management and logistics services. Graybar Canada has 30 branches across Canada and is one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies. If you are highly motivated and have a passion for customer service and are looking for a fun, rewarding career, we would be pleased to talk to you about joining Graybar Canada.
Graybar Canada currently has an exciting career opportunity available out of our Charlottetown, PE branch.
Customer Service Representative (CSR) – Inside Sales
The Customer Service – Inside Sales Representative proactively seeks out customer needs to sell a Graybar solution that provides total customer satisfaction. This position provides our customers with a high level of service which includes delivering the highest quality customer care in accordance with corporate objectives and revenue goals.
- Handle incoming and outgoing customer telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner, with a mandate to solicit orders from the existing customer base.
- Coordinate the prompt handling of customer service requests including, but not limited to, order entry, pricing, expediting, billing, order maintenance, credit and claims.
- Handle written correspondence received from and sent to customers in a timely manner.
- Assist and support Account Managers by providing technical support to customers and end users, as well as sharing information that will allow both parties to offer customers a total Graybar solution.
- Consult with clients and customers after a sale to resolve problems and to provide support in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provide customer feedback to the Branch Manager in a timely fashion.
- Participate in training sessions, trade shows, branch meetings and sales meetings as requested.
- Keep management informed of local competition and market conditions.
- Track stock out items and recommend new stock items.
- Deal with product related problems such as defective products, the return of products and warranty situations.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Grade 12 education; however, a technical background (i.e. Electrical Engineering Technologist) or post-secondary education is considered an asset.
- Broad knowledge of the company's products and services, with the ability to effectively present these to Graybar Canada’s customers.
- One to three years of related sales experience considered an asset.
- Must exhibit excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Possess strong relationship building skills to cultivate and develop customer loyalty.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and management, both internally and externally.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation and objection handling skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate honesty and integrity.
- Willingness to gain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Graybar Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Benefits
- Group RRSP Matching
- Corporate Fitness Membership Program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Computer Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Service Awards Program
- Scholarship Program for Employee’s Children
- Home and Auto Group Insurance Rates
- No Evening or Weekend Shifts
The above is a brief outline of position responsibilities and does not intend to be all-inclusive of the current or future duties, responsibilities or reporting relationships.
If you are highly motivated and have a passion for customer service, and are looking for a fun, rewarding career, we would be pleased to talk to you about joining Graybar Canada.
Graybar Canada is an equal opportunity employer that encourages interested candidates to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE