If you take pride in being compassionate, honest, professional and safe, consider an exciting and rewarding career at Shannex. Our communities offer more than a place to work – they welcome and celebrate Great People who inspire meaningful connections while Leading the Way to Better Living™.
We are searching for an Staffing Coordinator to join our Harbourstone team based in Sydney, Nova Scotia
You will be surrounded by supportive and talented team members who make our communities great places to live, work and visit. As an established and respected organization in the healthcare sector, Shannex offers opportunities for growth, development and advancement. And at the end of every day, you will know you’ve made a measured difference in the lives of our residents. Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan including an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Access to virtual healthcare 24/7 for FREE through the group health benefit plan
- RRSP program (with employer matching)
- Vacation accrual (begins immediately) and travel insurance
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts on select apparel, fitness, and retail partners through our Perks Program
- Access to continuing education and training through Shannex’s Centre of Excellence
- Opportunities to be part of sector innovation and continuous improvement initiatives
- Recognition and Rewards for service excellence and safety
About the Opportunity
- Books off Employees in accordance with the defined regional/facility rules and Shannex policy
- Follows established guidelines to fill vacant shifts resulting from immediate book offs, unfilled positions due to vacations/holidays and leaves of absences, per established guidelines and Shannex policy.
- Receives and processes requests for unplanned leaves and requests for additional staffing, etc.
- Continually works to keep staffing in the future at levels that meet operational requirements and established guidelines.
- Keeps accurate records of all employee hours worked (including agency staff, if applicable)
- Follows safety, environmental and infection control practices as per facility policies
- Demonstrates flexibility in a changing environment
- Has ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Other related duties as operational required
- Must be willing to work shifts between 0530 to 1930, weekdays, weekends and holidays. On-call shifts may be required.
- Promotes a safety culture by continuously working safely including but not limited to identifying and reporting hazards, following safe work practices and procedures, wearing personal
- Secondary education or diploma in a related field
- Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
- Previous experience with a computerized staffing system considered an asset
- Previous experience working in unionized environments an asset
- Previous experience in working in a long-term care an asset
It all began in 1988 when our Founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a single nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Cape Breton. For more than three decades, Shannex has grown as a trusted provider of senior accommodations, services and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. Our industry-leading services are inspired by residents and delivered by Parkland Retirement Living and Lifestyle Residences, Shannex Enhanced Care, Faubourg du Mascaret, and Care at Home team members who create an exceptional resident experience and a positive, fulfilling work environment where every voice matters.
If you’re ready to join the Shannex team of Great People, apply today!
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex believes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging is about creating a culture that embraces the uniqueness of individuals, where every person is treated fairly and where racism and discrimination are not tolerated. At Shannex, every team member belongs.
All applications are kept in strict confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.