Human Resources Coordinator
Who We Are:
We’re a family owned and operating cleaning company on a mission to create the world’s cleanest workplaces.
We've been delivering industry leading cleaning services to asset, property, and facility managers for over 69 years.
Who You Are:
We're looking for someone who, first and foremost, cares about the well-being of an organizations people. Someone who thinks outside the box, brining creative and innovative ideas to the human resources team. Someone who is organized, meticulous, and keeps thorough records and documentation.
What you'll do:
- Support the Operations Team with employee relations, employment compliance, performance management, and conflict and change management.
- Act as internal resource and liaison to all employees on all workplace issues.
- Maintain employee database, track metrics and employee headcount.
- Digitize and manage employee files.
- Ensure that required employee documentation is maintained/up-to-date and complete.
- Create, distribute, and collect all new employment agreements.
- Manage, update, and distribute company policies.
- Support the payroll department with time keeping and punch cards when necessary.
- Advise and prepare all employee separation notices and related documentation. Coach Managers on how to conduct termination meetings and attend terminations.
- Conduct HR investigations (i.e. policy violations, grievances, employee relations matters, harassment claims) and make recommendations for action and approval within legislative frameworks.
- Develop internal corporate policies and procedures ensuring legislative compliance within jurisdictions.
- Audit collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) to ensure company compliance.
- Assist with implementation of company health and safety programs.
- Assist and interpret arbitrations and negotiations of collective agreements. Ensure Management Team understands requirements of Collective Agreements, where applicable.
- Administer performance review programs to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the company.
- Identify corporate, as well as individual, training requirements and develop strategies/approaches to meet these requirements including identification/securing external training resources.
What skills you should have:
- You have strong computer skills with previous experience working with MS Office programs and Outlook.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You can work independently, as well as part of a team.
- You have superior time management and organizational skills.
- You demonstrate good judgment and a high level of professionalism.
- You are friendly and outgoing to promote positive working relationships with all levels of the company.
- You can maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality; uses diplomacy, discretion, and judgment in giving out information.
- A Degree and/or diploma in Human Resources Management and completed or working towards CHRP or CHRL designation.
- 3+ years of Human Resources experience preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with HRIS and Payroll Systems
- Applicant will require police clearance for access to certain sites (the company will cover the costs of processing).
Compensation & Perks:
· Performance Bonus
· Team Building Events
· Company Apparel
· Cell Phone & Computer
This is a full-time role that is required to be in office Monday to Friday. You may, from time-to-time be required to visit the accounts we service to handled HR related matters in support of Impact's Operations Team. This role is not a remote, or work from home, position.
Impact is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impact is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Etobicoke, ON M8Z 6A3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Human resources: 2 years (required)
- Professional In Human Resources (preferred)
- CHRP (preferred)
Work Location: In person