Who we are?
BiOrigin Specialty Products is a leader in manufacturing of specialty paper and converting paper products. If you are looking to be part of a team who is dedicated to the success of our customers and our employees, we are looking for you.
The successful candidate will posses a minimum valid 3rd Class Stationary Engineer Certificate. This position reports to the Chief Engineer and is a crucial part of the team, contributing to the smooth and safe operations of the facility and overall manufacturing process.
Job Duties include:
- Warming up and shutting down paper machine steam systems, and related equipment
- Operation of the Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Operation of the Mill Steam Heating Systems
- Control of the Mill Fire Systems
- Monitors various Equipment/Systems (air, water, team) throughout the Mill and taking preventative or corrective action when necessary
- Assists and takes direction from the 2nd Class Shift Engineer
- Moves up on shift to cover absences/vacation for the 2nd Class Shift Engineer.
- Works cooperatively with other trades, service providers and contractors
- Preference will be given to those that are working towards their 2nd class Stationary Engineer’s Certificate
Hours of work:
Continental Shift Schedule (3-2-2) 12-hour shifts, 6:00am-6:00pm and 6:00pm -6:00am.
Overtime paid at 1.5x hourly earnings. Work performed on holidays paid at 2x hourly earnings.
Benefits include, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, drug, dental, vision and extended healthcare. The company contributes 1.5% of weekly gross earnings into an RRSP.
BiOrigin Specialty Products is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or, national origin. BiOrigin Specialty Products is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.27-$35.42 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
All employees and visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask when social distancing cannot be achieved. Regular sanitizing of high-touch surfaces.
- Are you working towards your 2nd Class Stationary Engineer Certificate?
- Stationary Engineer: 2 years (preferred)
- 3rd Class Stationary Engineer Certificate (required)
Work Location: In person