Lead Hand / Fitter / Supervisor for a busy custom steel fabrication shop.
1. Must work along side & supervise fitters, welders & other shop staff production staff
2. Help and to make production jigs/fixtures for repeat parts.
3. Supervises the manufacturing of products by monitoring production levels; setting up processes and workstations for welders & fitters for optimum production.
1. Working on shop floor supervising and working hands-on.
2. Help with Jig making and fixture set up for maximum production levels
3. Review the welds, ensure that welding codes and symbols have been understood and welding conforms to the codes/symbols on the drawings.
4. Ensure that daily production targets are met
5. Checking parts throughout the production process for conformity to customer requirements.
6. Planning staff needs to ensure daily output goals achieved
1. Experienced CWB welder with - Key area is multi-pass welding with FCAW; Valid welding cert for GMAW, FCAW, SMAW; To be familiar with ASTM, ASME, CSA, GMAW, SMAW, FCAW, NDT;
2. Experience working in an environment with high volume production outputs
3. Experience making Jigs or Fixtures to assist in high production outputs
4. Shop Supervisor Experience - min 10 years in Fabrication; 5 years in Leadership
5. Weld Supervisor with the CWB (an asset)
6. Able to read and interpret blue prints and drawings.
7. Effective time management, problem solving and decision making skills
8. Blue print reading, measurement reading
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$36.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON L4K 2R9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Have you had experience working in a fabrication environment that was geared to high production volume outputs?
Have you had to make jigs or fixtures to help with the increase of production?
- Supervising a steel fab shop: 10 years (required)
- MIG welding: 5 years (required)
- JIG/ FIXTURE MAKING FOR PRODUCTION PARTS: 5 years (required)
- WORKING IN A STEEL SHOP: 10 years (required)
- CWB WELD CERTIFICATE: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person