CGI – Payroll Services Centre (PSC) offers all-in-one cloud-based solution that simplifies Payroll and Human Capital Management. We are proud of our privileged relationships with clients, and their satisfaction rate is very high.
Every day, our members help hundreds of customers pay their employees in different industries. In this role, you will contribute to the success of local businesses within a dynamic team, with over 600 professionals and 55,000 customers!
We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual. Are you ready to play a key role?
We are ready for you:
- Never stop learning: we offer a complete, ongoing and paid training on Canadian payroll;
- Work-life balance: a flexible weekday schedule.
- Work environment recognized as one of the best in the Canada (Great Place to Work certified);
- Employee Assistance Program, Health and Wellness program, comprehensive insurance coverage, financial assistance for your job-related studies;
- Career development supported by a professional development plan;
- Access to our Share Purchase Plan and Profit Participation Plan as of your first day with us;
- Benefits that fit your needs: Flexible insurance plan, telemedicine, and more!
You have to attend a paid full-time training of three (3) weeks.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
You will help people and make a difference. You will bring a human touch to the relationship between customers and the company. You will guide members in their day-to-day activities.
On a typical day, you will:
- Advise and answer questions from the Payroll Advisors and Client Service Advisors;
- Handle more complex client inquiries;
- Provide telephone support to payroll advisors on the application and on procedures and promote best practices;
- Advise Payroll Advisors and Client Services Advisors;
- Plan and organize your work to meet expectations and deadlines;
- Act as a point of contact to answer questions;
- Identify situations requiring urgent attention and escalate issues and requests to appropriate resources when necessary;
- Support advisors and master pay on technical aspects not mastered during the call;
- Collaborate on knowledge sharing within the team;
- Work closely with other teams;
- Identify and document issues encountered, issues raised and proposed solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- College diploma in administration, accounting or a related field, or any other combination of education and relevant experience;
- 3+ years of payroll experience;
- Developed customer service skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written English and French.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet navigation;
- Knowledge of a payroll application (Nethris Internet Suite or Employer D);
- Advanced knowledge of the Opera application;
- Knowledge of various products, solutions and contributions used by clients such as: Group Benefits, CCQ, Report Generator, General Ledger Interface, etc.;
- Training Understanding the principles of payroll and Mastering the payroll legislation of Cégep Ahuntsic or Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) S.C.P. Certification.
Bilingualism (French and English) is required for this position due to the nature of the role requiring interaction with national and global clients.