Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $37.01 - $53.20 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
We are currently looking to fill a Full Time opportunity for a Policy Analyst, Population & Public Health at Central City located in Surrey, BC.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families.
The Policy Analyst, Population & Public Health Initiatives provides leadership and support to emerging and ongoing population and public health initiatives and collaborations to successfully promote and protect health and prevent disease, illness and injury for the people of the Fraser Health region, as determined by the Population & Public Health Senior Leadership team and its partners/stakeholders.
Under the guidance of the Team Lead, Health Equity & Population Health Unit and/or in collaboration with other population and public health team members, leads, coordinates and implements project dependent activities. Contributes to activities across the spectrum of population and pubic health as required, including partnership development, stakeholder and community engagement, evaluation, policy development and training. Works collaboratively with team members and community partners to carry out project plans and achieve objectives related to the project.
- Leads, coordinates and provides project support in the development and implementation of assigned projects and initiatives. Coordinates documentation for key activities; tracks and documents project status; tracks risks/issues management; prepares regular progress reports for review by program Senior Leadership.
- Prepares population/public health related reports/documentation including problem descriptions, analyses, alternative solutions, and recommendations, in collaboration with the population and public health team and its partners/stakeholders.
- Develops strategic partnerships with internal/external stakeholders including planning and developing a variety of engagement sessions with internal/external partners; coordinates and facilitates dialogue between partners to promote a collaborative relationship in working towards a common vision of healthier and vibrant communities.
- Plans and conducts population and public health related quantitative and qualitative research assessments and reviews; compiles, assembles and analyzes data related to population and public health, including designing the research tools needed to carry out the research, i.e. surveys, as well as related materials, in collaboration with the population and public health team and its partners/stakeholders.
- Develops project/policy/evaluation models/frameworks and contributes to the evaluation work as required, in collaboration with the Population and Public Health team and its partners/stakeholders.
- Working with project team members and other stakeholders, develops and implements designated project plans. Carries out project plans consistent with standard project methodologies to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components. Monitors project progress according to project work plan to ensure user requirements, regulatory requirements and other related requirements are satisfied; ensures issues are reviewed, resolved, or escalated to appropriate level to meet project deliverables, user requirements, and projected timelines.
- Contributes to and provides input on the implementation of effective processes by assessing project risks and identifying risk mitigation strategies.
- Seeks out and writes research and funding grants for identified population and public health projects, as applicable.
- Develops evidence based population and public health related education programs and awareness campaigns to a variety of target audiences or end users within Population and Public Health and its external partners, to inform and/or effect behavioural changes; evaluates effectiveness of educational programs; develops and/or sources related materials as required, in collaboration with multi-disciplinary team members.
- Develops communications and education tools for relevant population and public health areas/issues, in collaboration with multi-disciplinary team members; delivers presentations to lay or professional audiences.
- Prepares communication materials needed for meetings such as briefing notes, agendas, project management documents/work plans; attends project team and other relevant meetings where required.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Master's degree in Public Health, Health Science, or a health-related discipline. Five (5) years' recent, related public health and partner/stakeholder engagement experience including experience with project management/coordination, policy development and evaluation, knowledge translation, research grants and change management.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Strong knowledge of population and public health in BC including public health core functions.
- Knowledge of research methodologies including qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Ability to review and interpret applicable reports.
- Ability to critically analyze and synthesize complex evidence base into summary reports.
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.