Pastoral Care Coordinator
Title: Pastoral Care Coordinator (PCC)
Reports to: Minister and Pastoral Care Committee
Collaborates with: Pastoral Care Associates and Community Outreach Staff Member
Job Type: Part time, term. First three months on probation.
Hours & Compensation: 10 hours per week at a pay rate range of $25.00 to $30.00 per hour.
Start & End Times. Start as soon as possible . End June 30 , 2024. The contract could be renewed after this term.
Work Site: First Unitarian Universalist Church, 603 Wellington Crescent Winnipeg.
This position entails a mix of on-site and off-site work, including work from home.
Benefits: On site parking and good bus connections.
- Has transportation to visit members.
- Has physical mobility to visit members in their homes or in other facilities
Covering Letter: Required
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work in a comfortable environment with enthusiastic, dedicated and congenial people. The Pastoral Care
Coordinator works under the supervision of the Minister and in collaboration with the
Pastoral Care team providing appropriate, effective responses to address the pastoral care needs of members and friends of our church . The role involves administrative skills such as organizing and record keeping but the primary emphasis involves direct contacts with our members. Therefore highly developed communication skills are a priority, for example , listening, a supportive attitude and social interaction skills.
Pastoral care is not the same as counseling although counseling skill are useful.
The First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg is a liberal religious community and
welcomes people with a diversity of beliefs, and counts many humanists and atheists among its members. So although the reference is to 'pastoral care' it would not usually include the theological aspects provided by a pastor or minister.
We also welcome and affirm people of all genders, gender expression and sexual identities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education & Experience
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in experience
- One Unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Training and orientation will be provided.
Responsibilities – Pastoral Care Coordinator (PCC)
The Pastoral Care Coordinator:
- Oversees the activities of the Pastoral Care Team, providing support and guidance as needed.
- Delivers pastoral support to individual members and friends of the congregation in person, when appropriate, supplemented by online/phone communication.
- Connects Pastoral Care Associates with members and friends of our community who would benefit from and appreciate pastoral/spiritual support.
- Supports the Pastoral Care Associates and facilitates communication among team members as circumstances require (Associates may face a difficult pastoral situation, need time off, or have a conflict of interest)
- Coordinates monthly Pastoral Care Associates meetings in order to facilitate information sharing, review progress and provide practical on-going training, such as self care, case study, and discussion.
- Receives information regarding urgent or emerging situations or issues requiring pastoral care input or assistance.
- Maintains pastoral records regarding members and friends of the church who are receiving/or may require individual support from the Pastoral Care Team.
These records are available only to those with permission .
- Develops supportive confidential relationships with adult members or friends of the church identified as having pastoral needs
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters .
- Appropriately trained and experienced in deep listening.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and team building skills.
- Organized, efficient and able to manage time and focus on priorities.
- Strong leader and support to all personnel involved in the Pastoral Care Team.
- Ability to understand, respect and promote Unitarian Universalist values
- Ability to work independently, as part of a collaborative team, and to deadline
- Completion of a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) through the Winnipeg Police
- Training and orientation.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R3M 0A7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-13
Expected start date: 2023-09-18