Pacston Canada is on the hunt for Writer I/II (Managerial and Quality Control Editor Track) to work remotely in Canada. A Writer I/II (Managerial and Quality Control Editor Track) will be responsible for writing and editing legal documents for immigration petitions, including recommendation letters, and petition letters for US immigration. A legal background is not required, but experience efficiently and accurately summarizing complex information and/or scientific research is very helpful. A background in academic or technical writing and managerial experience is also desirable. This position is an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in law to receive training and exposure to the field of federal law and to work on cases related to the advancement of the interests of the US and assistance of global migration. It also offers a unique and fulfilling opportunity for those wishing to bolster and diversify their professional writing skills and expertise.
Ideal applicants should be able to work at least 40 hours every week.
- Draft and edit technical/legal documents and letters based on internal materials
- Revise documents according to internal specifications and client feedback
- Keep up with updated immigration policies and strategies
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to gain a basic understanding of a variety of different scientific topics
- Ability to present complex research in clear, concise prose accessible to a wide audience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Outstanding client service skills
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (various PPO plans to meet differing coverage needs, employer covers 50% of monthly premium
Please visit the online recruiting platform: https://apply.pacston.com/ to upload your resume.
*There'll also be a grammar test and a short writing test. Please note that there are time limits to both tests.
Pacston is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action agency, making decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- writing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Burnaby, BC V5H 0E7