Tandem Networks is seeking a Mechanic to join our growing construction division. Mechanics are required to maintain and repair trucks,trailers, and heavy equipment. This includes oil change, replacing or fixing headlight or taillight, changing battery, and any other maintenance that can be performed on site.
Qualified individuals should meet the following criteria:
- Valid driver's license
- Experience in mechanical work related to trucks, trailers, and heavy equipment (Diesel)
- Be able to independently schedule work orders, order parts, perform inventory control
- Be reliable, hard-working and punctual
- Coordinate fleet maintenance
- Mechanical license required
- Some experience required in welding (preferred)
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, such as loaders, backhoes, mini-excavators.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Repairs and assesses malfunctions, rebuilds, and performs maintenance on construction equipment, such as loaders and ready mix trucks.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures; perform daily equipment inspections, as well as identify and assist in correcting unsafe conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gloucester, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person