About the Role:
We are an ever-growing and ever-changing company and currently seeking a highly motivated Industrial Millwright to drive a proactive plant maintenance culture and support the execution of maintenance and repair on mechanical equipment.
- Ensure that the operating equipment is thoroughly inspected and perform preventative
maintenance on a routine basis
- Ensure that all safety devices are in place and functional
- Apply technical skills to troubleshoot breakdowns and make the necessary repairs in a timely
- Interpret blue prints and plans, attend meetings, and complete requisitions for parts and supplies
- Regularly communicate with shift supervisors and machine operators regarding the status of
- Install, maintain, repair, service, troubleshoot/diagnose packaging related equipment
- Conduct preventative maintenance programs
- Perform equipment adjustments and changeovers as required
- Install, align, dismantle, and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment,
such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces, and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools, and measuring devices
What You Bring to the Table:
- Analyze equipment downtime, determine root cause, and recommend countermeasures
- Work closely with production to resolve equipment issues
- Programmable logic controls, motors and controls, generators
- Maintain accurate records of all service, repair, and other work
- Certified Millwright
- Corrugated Packaging experience as an asset
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Job Skills and Knowledge
- A sound working knowledge of industry practices, codes and safety standards
- Project Management skills; desire to take responsibility for a project and see it through to
What we can offer you:
- The ability to respond quickly to process upsets
- Ability to perform basic machining
- Must have a strong PLC background
- Competitive salary
- Sick Leave benefits
- Retirement savings plan contributions
- Casual dressing
- On-site Parking
We need motivated and growth-oriented people like you to join our APB team! If you think you are the kind of person who can thrive in a fast-paced, growing company, please apply with your resume.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advanced Paper Box is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse workforce.
$40 - $43 per hour, depending on experience.