The Peace River Regional District invites applications for a Full Time Solid Waste Coordinator position at the Dawson Creek Warehouse.
Reporting to the General Manager of Environmental Services the Solid Waste Coordinator will assists the Solid Waste Manager delivering solid waste services, including solid waste collection and disposal, commercial and residential recycling, liaising with committees and residents of the Regional District. Responsibilities include:
· Assist in the delivery of long term service strategies and plans for the Regional District relating to goals and objectives that are identified in the Solid Waste Management Plan.
· Support the Solid Waste Services operations and maintenance function.
· Assist in the implementation and delivery of the Regional District’s recycling program.
· Assist in the development and implementation of strategies to increase waste diversion in all sectors, including residential, commercial, and institutional.
· Perform inspections of solid waste facilities to ensure acceptable operations and compliance with contracts, bylaws, and regulations.
· Assist in the coordination, establishment, and participation of public committees in delivering identified solid waste initiatives.
· The ideal candidate will have related experience and knowledge of solid waste and recycling, preferably in a local government setting.
· Diploma or certificate in environmental studies or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Proven ability to compose and edit correspondence and documents, as well as excellent analytical report writing skills.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, with one hour for lunch. This union position's after probation rate of pay is $38.71
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38.71 per hour
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-13