Who We Are
Copperfin is Northwestern Ontario’s largest locally owned credit union with locations in Kenora and Thunder Bay. Our number one priority is to advance the lives of the people and communities we serve. We have a desire to improve the lives of people who live in our community. We invest in our Members’ financial health and strive to ensure we are offering them the best financial tools to reach their goals.
About This Opportunity
We are looking for a responsible, motivated individual for the full-time position of Member Advisor. This position will be located in Kenora, ON.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Member Advisor will provide ongoing service delivery and proactively sell retail lending and investment products and services. This position will be responsible for proactively managing an assigned portfolio including:
- Enhancing member relationships to ensure branch and individual goals are met
- Conducting interviews with members to identify lending, deposit and investment needs and making recommendations for solutions
- Engaging members in Life Forward conversations to understand their needs
- Developing portfolios for mutual funds according to member needs and objectives
- Reviewing performance of portfolio annually with members
- Proactively seeking business with both new and existing members through cross-selling initiatives
- Supporting the culture, mission and values of Copperfin Credit Union
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrating approachability, trustworthiness, flexibility, strong work ethic, and a Member first mentality
- Post-secondary degree/diploma, ideally in business or related field preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of lending experience and/or experience gained in the financial services industry
- Must be a licensed sales agent for Mutual Funds
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, with the ability to learn new systems
- Knowledge of the credit union system and services with an in-depth knowledge of loan and investment products including RRSP, RRIF, RESP and term deposits
- Strong capabilities in judgment, decision-making and time management
- Willingness to upgrade to keep up to date with changes in the industry relating to job function
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
Why Choose Copperfin
We invest in our people so that you are able to learn, develop and are well prepared to support the ever-changing needs of our Members while working towards advancing your career and expanding your skillset. We care about each other and believe in making a difference in the communities we live, play and work in.
- We encourage the growth and advancement of our Team Members. Our Leaders support your development to advance and grow through managing opportunities and coaching.
- We empower our Team Members to be decision makers while providing opportunities to work on unique projects from time to time.
- We offer a competitive health benefits plan including employee pricing and rewards.
To learn more about why our Team Members love working at Copperfin and to get a glimpse of the exciting opportunities we’re a part of, check out our Facebook or Instagram.
About The Salary
The salary for this position will commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, September 25, 2023, to:
People and Culture Team
Copperfin Credit Union
346 Second Street South
Kenora, ON. P9N 1G5
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $65,902.00-$74,420.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kenora, ON P9N 1G5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- lending service: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-25