Kami is not only an award-winning education startup based in Auckland, New Zealand, but a thriving organisation filled to the brim with talented, creative, and passionate people! It’s hard not to love what you do when our leading digital classroom platform offers meaningful solutions to over 35 million users worldwide, empowering students and supporting teachers!
You’ll be joining at a pretty magical time. Kami’s user base is growing by the day. With a fast-growing team based across New Zealand, the USA, South Africa, Europe and Brazil, we couldn’t be more proud of the accomplishments and milestones we’ve achieved to date. Now, this is your chance to join our team and become an integral member of Kami’s growth while shaping your own future, and having fun doing it!
Users tell us they love our product, and we need a talented, energetic Account Executive to bring our vision for a better way of learning to more teachers, administrators, and their organizations across Canada
It's a remote role, and persistence, resilience, and self-discipline are key requirements, but you must be based in Canada and eligible to work in country.
The “AE” is responsible for a geographic sales region, and converts inbound and outbound leads into customers. People skills, persistence, resilience, discipline and drive are a requirement for success in this role and at Kami, successful AEs are very well rewarded.
We’re not called Kami-leons for nothing! You’ll be working with a team full of agile, flexible and open-minded people who want to make a difference in the world (and enjoy the process too!).
If you’re looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to impact the lives of millions, then this is your opportunity. Kami is growing fast and so will you.
What you’ll do
- Consistently achieve sales targets.
- Use Email, phone, online tools and video-conferencing applications to engage with and nurture prospects throughout the buying process through to onboarding.
- Research prospects, identify key contacts, generate interest, and develop accounts
- Take responsibility for converting qualified leads.
- Become a trusted resource for prospects and customers
- Employ and optimize repeatable sales techniques
- Provide feedback to sales leaders to ensure constant process improvement
- Use our CRM and marketing automation applications to record, analyze, optimize and automate your common sales activities
- Demonstrate our product to prospects, explore their needs, and negotiate pricing
- Share your own experiences and skills with the team, collaborate in multi-disciplinary teams to achieve your goals
What you’ll bring
- Ability to work in a high-intensity sales environment
- Passion for educating and helping customers
- Consultative sales approach and ability to control a conversation
- The skills to clearly articulate product value and benefit
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover problems
- Edtech training and usage experience a plus
- College degree or relevant experience
- A self-starter with a track record of success
- Team player
- Great team: Founded by successful startup veterans and passionate engineers. A fun, diverse, transparent and vibrant start-up culture empowers all our people to be leaders.
- Happiest customers: Helping thousands of schools worldwide through the digital transformation of education for the 21st century. Just read our reviews.
- Great Product with Huge Potential: Already used by over 40M users in 200 countries - spread primarily by word of mouth. One of the world’s favourite classroom tools
- Powerful Partners: Kami is a premiere partner of both Google and Microsoft.
- Make an Impact: Help us progress the digital transformation of K-12 education for 21st-century learning with our student-centric learning environment.
Kami is an equal opportunity workplace, and we would like to hear from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or any special needs that we might need to accommodate, please let us know.
If this sounds like a role for you then apply now and let's chat!