About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world's infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, mining, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, Seequent's leading geosciences software portfolio, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $800 million in 172 countries.
To facilitate the rapid growth of our business, we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced DevOps Engineer to join our Geotechnical Information Management team and play a key role in supporting and advancing our Azure DevOps (CI/CD) environment and cloud infrastructure. As part of the Geotechnical Information Management (GIM) team (Bentley Systems and Seequent, a Bentley Subsurface Company), you can will ideally be working from our Quebec or Toronto office or we would consider remote.
This is a fulltime permanent role, focused on our OpenGround product suite. At this level, working closely with the lead developers, you will provide subject matter expertise required for tooling, planning and delivery, recommending appropriate solutions to meet product and business objectives using knowledge of trends, best practices, and leading-edge techniques.
You will play an integral part to our continued success and will be entrusted with the design, integration, and management of our build and release system. Working closely and collaboratively with developers, IT, AppSec, testers and other DevOps team members across the business, to establish a solid automated build framework and expand test coverage.
As a member of our team, you will work in a distributed global organization, adopting cutting edge technologies, utilizing a great diversity of systems and tools. If you are looking for a technically challenging role building scientific software, then Seequent is for you.
What You Bring to The Team
A desire to build and release innovative, high-quality software on time
- An aspiration to grow your career as part of a globally distributed Agile team
An interest in science (mathematical, engineering or science background)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, open minded to innovation and new solutions.
- A hunger to learn, coupled with humility to collaborate
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Passionate, driven and motivated to work in a highly technical environment
Experience in numerous software languages and technologies
- Adaptable – we develop cloud, enterprise, desktop, and mobile applications
What Success looks like
Responsible for the design, implementation, and configuration of our continuous integration and continuous delivery systems across many products and cloud services
- Developing and implementing software builds and release pipelines for development, staging and production environments
Updating and maintaining existing installs and create installers for new products.
- Working closely with our software development and testing teams to design and build a set of technologies and procedures to improve the development, testing and deployment processes
- Write code for various management tools, test automation and deployment utilities
- Develop deployment, automation, and monitoring strategies to achieve a predictable release cadence
Work collaboratively with the wider team to investigate and resolve problems when they occur
- Design, develop, debug, maintain and integrate test automation scripts and tooling
- Investigate how new requirements fit into the test suite, understanding scope and identifying risk
- Develop services, dashboards, and alerts to monitor infrastructure health and performance
- Automate deployment of infrastructure and application upgrades
- Meet project milestones in an iterative and incremental development process
- Communicate with Management and/or Team Leads on task prioritization, scheduling, and results
- Contribute as a member of an Agile team, utilizing Agile development practices
- Produce technical build, test and release documentation as required
University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Compelling and extensive experience with applications in a production environment
Minimum 3 years’ experience with continuous integration / continuous delivery tools
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated Azure DevOps and Azure infrastructure experience
- Experience with test automation and associated tooling
Demonstrated experience managing deployments using Azure Pipelines
Strong knowledge of multiple: Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Alertmanager, Vagrant, or similar tools
- Experience with build security using tools such as Black Duck, Mend, OWASP Zap or similar
Solid understanding of source code versioning and exposure to Git, GitHub
- Scripting experience in both Windows and Linux environments with languages such as PowerShell / Bash
- Prior experience managing virtual environments and virtualization tools
Experience Azure DevOps issue and case management tools
Knowledge of secure application and cloud network architecture, container security
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop good working relationships with others
- Confident oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and build sustainable working relationships
- Team-oriented attitude and good conflict management skills
- Ability to manage your own workload effectively and to work effectively alongside team members
- Balanced and informed approach to problem solving, distilling complex issues into actionable insights
- Tenacity, persistence and focus with the ability to prioritize between multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a quickly growing, fast paced, and constantly changing environment
Experience with the following an asset
High level programming in a Microsoft environment (C#, ASP.NET)
Interest or knowledge in geosciences
Why you will enjoy working with us
Surrounded by great people - No direct reports, but you will frequently be expected to work with developers, designers, product owners and quality assurance representatives. You will be working with experts in subsurface data management, visualisation, and data science as well as database and interface designers.
Flexibility – Create a work-life balance that suits you.
Wellbeing – Health benefits package, generous vacation, fully subsidized subscription to Headspace, regular wellness webinars, and 24/7 EAP access to support employee wellbeing.
Financial – Competitive compensation, reviewed regularly, plus the option to join our Employee Stock Purchase Plan and RRSP savings plan. (Location dependent)
Learning – Access to a wealth of training resources and a culture that believes in promoting from within. We will invest in training at various levels, which may include attending conferences and courses. You will also have regular opportunities to develop new skills, and you are encouraged to do so within the time constraints of your role. You are expected to be a self-learner, and to balance this with more specific responsibilities and business goals.
Connection – Attend events in order to increase your knowledge and understanding and the sharing of knowledge.