Edison Properties is a property management company that has been in business for over 50 years providing apartments for rent ranging from cozy and comfortable bachelor apartments to luxurious penthouse suites in the Winnipeg market. We have a strong belief in giving back to our community and take pride in providing quality customer service based on a foundation of integrity and fairness.
We are seeking a full-time Purchaser to join our team! Reporting to the Procurement and Service Manager the Purchaser is responsible for ordering materials, maintaining inventory levels, and overseeing the distribution of all materials. They source cost-effective, quality products and service providers, negotiate terms and contracts, and develop beneficial vendor relationships.
- Purchasing & Department Support
o Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and prices, obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items, and confirming the correct materials are available and delivered on time.
o Analyzes and streamlines purchasing workflows to eliminate process redundancies and pain points.
o Maintains appropriate authorization and approval levels for requisitioning of purchases.
o Ensures inventory levels are monitored, ordering as required to ensure adequate supplies are available based on approved levels.
o Identifies obsolete materials and parts, communicating this to the Operations Manager.
o Develops and fosters professional vendor relationships.
o Collaborates within and across departments to support various requirements and specifications.
o Analyzes and resolves purchasing issues/discrepancies.
o Provides backup support to the Procurement and Service team on an as-needed basis.
o Reports on established KPI (Key Performance Indicator) and quality assurance data to assess, analyze and track vendor product, performance, and corporate costs.
o Reports on inventory levels, forecasting, and open requisitions and backorders.
o Ensures the purchase order system and computer systems are utilized effectively to control costs.
o Provides accurate and timely maintenance of the computerized purchasing and inventory application.
o Creates and maintains vendor logs detailing contact information, pricing, quality, and shipping details.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Post-secondary education in relevant fields, such as Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, and Economics.
- A minimum of 2 years of procurement experience is required; experience in the property management industry is beneficial.
- Clear Criminal Records Check (with Vulnerable Sector Search), and Valid Driver’s License must be maintained.
- Use of Microsoft Excel at an advanced level, comfortable working with complex spreadsheets and sophisticated formulas
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient skills using inventory management software is essential; experience using Yardi is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in identifying and suggesting creative problem-solving solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop internal and external trusting and professional relationships, purposefully developing networks to build value through collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate in a manner that results in positive business outcomes, while maintaining strong relations with the other party.
- Position may require time commitments outside normal hours of work to accomplish duties, during periods of heavy work requirements.
We recognize that employee satisfaction is integral to the company’s success and offer a friendly and positive work environment along with a competitive compensation and benefits program that includes 100% employer-paid health and dental group benefits, a group DPSP/RRSP matching program, and a health care spending account. We want work to be a source of pride and personal fulfillment for our staff as they contribute to our joint success!
We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Criminal Record Check
MB Driver's License