De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd. (‘DHC’) is a proudly Canadian aerospace company currently transitioning its corporate headquarters to Calgary, AB. DHC is undertaking a consolidation of its underlying subsidiary companies under a single brand currently offering engineering, aftermarket, new aircraft manufacturing, modifications, parts manufacturing, and flight training. DHC currently has approximately 1,200 employees based in BC, AB and ON as well as in markets and distribution hubs world-wide. Our strong entrepreneurial spirit, together with a culture of empowerment, quality and innovation create opportunities to grow and succeed in an organization with a proud heritage and bright future.
***Please note that this is a temporary role.***
Duties & Responsibilities
- Master and understand the various business processes of the company and its related systems, as required;
- Develop requirements specifications, conduct assessments, coordinate the development of and implement solutions considering key business functions such as IT systems, people, and processes;
- Collect, integrate, and analyze various datasets to produce business performance reports and identify risks and issues on team programs/projects to ensure delivery, quality and cost objectives are achieved;
- Prepare requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations and maintain a repository of all data inputs and business analysis products/artifacts;
- Synthesizes various complex data points to produce clear, concise, and easy-to-follow documentation;
- Support the DHC PMO with on-demand data analysis & reporting to improve negotiation outcomes.
- Provide clear, concise, and accurate recurring progress and impact reporting in compliance with Organization governance and management systems;
- Support corporate reporting and ad hoc team and leadership requests; and Interpret and translate customer’s needs into functional and technical requirements.
- Actively participate in the review of team deliverables, contributing to the development of consistent and effective documentation that adheres to team standards and templates;
- Assist in the identification of process strengths and weaknesses; research and
- recommends areas of improvement for overall productivity and efficiency;
- Work with various functions to solve business problems through process mapping and alignment sessions that enable the business’ solution and transformation objectives;
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of ongoing improvement efforts to streamline and enhance business processes
- Identify opportunities for improving business and systems-related processes and recommends and facilitate the planning and coordination of improvements.
- Build positive relationships with contractors, suppliers, vendors, customers as well as internal stakeholders from the working level to the executive level to achieve assigned
- Facilitate and liaise, bridging the gap between business and technical resources;
- Manage group collaboration with business stakeholders, effectively facilitate small to medium size meetings and workshops and elicit meaningful input from all members of the group; and
- Work collaboratively with Program and Project Managers, solution architects and business subject matter experts by participating in process reviews/ and o proving process modeling services of the current state and/or future state
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration and/or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in business analytics and analysis
- Experience in the aerospace industry and/or manufacturing environment (Asset)
- Experience dealing with all levels of an organization
- Experience in the request for proposal (RFP) and managing vendor contracts (Asset)
- Experience working in a highly technical environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong presentation skills with excellent proficiency in MS Office Suit (especially PowerPoint, Visio and Project) and ability to get into details as well as provide executive summaries of complex situations
- Strong financial acumen with excellent proficiency in MS Excel to analyze and compute large amounts of data
- Results-oriented and a team player comfortable working with all aspects of the organization
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills.
- You can work as part of a team or individually.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, autonomous, and enthusiastic, possess excellent written and verbal communication and human relations skills and be willing to travel.
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. De Havilland will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.