At Sparrow Hotels, our core purpose is to create an environment for people and communities to flourish. We strive to be responsible to our guests, clients and staff through social responsibility, community investment, sustainability, design and innovation.
Our roots in the Winnipeg community run deep with more than 80 years in the hospitality industry, growing alongside a city profoundly shaped by culture and hospitality. It is from this history that we draw inspiration to extend the most genuine and unique dining, spa and hotel experiences.
We are excited to be recruiting for a Hotel Maintenance Supervisor for our amazing property the Norwood Hotel.
This position will primarily be Day Shifts, but occasional Evenings and Weekends may be required.
The Norwood Hotel has always been an innovative leader in the hotel industry. The Norwood Hotel has an interesting and diverse history dating back to the latter part of the 1800’s. The earliest records available indicate a photograph of the hotel in 1895. In 1937, the Hotel came under the ownership of the late Merle Sparrow and has been operated by the Sparrow family ever since. This longevity in ownership makes the Norwood the oldest operated family hotel in Manitoba and one, if not the oldest in all of Western Canada
As the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for the general upkeep of the hotel, its equipment, and fixtures, and will ensure they are in good working order. The right candidate will supervise and coordinate all maintenance activities within the hotel. You will also ensure that the General Manager is alerted to problems pertaining to the upkeep of the hotel.
1. Scheduling and coordinating with the GM and outside Trades professionals to ensure all maintenance of the building. (i.e., heating, air conditioning, drains, etc.)
2. Performs preventative maintenance of all guest rooms to ensure all equipment and fixtures are in good working order.
3. Patch and paint any guest room, hallway or banquet room walls that may need touch ups.
4. Checking guest rooms to ensure all are in good working order.
5. Ensuring outside grounds are maintained and safe (i.e., snow clearing, etc.)
6. Purchasing and picking up of supplies as needed
7. Maintaining proper workings for all door locks and security cameras
What you bring to the table:
1. At least 2-3 years of Hotel Maintenance experience.
2. Positive and hardworking attitude
3. Ability to effectively communicate with team members.
4. Ability to work independently.
5. Ability to work inside and outside of hotel throughout all seasons.
6. Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on heating, cooling and ventilation systems, plumbing systems, and electrical systems.
7. Move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies.
8. Paint, Repair drywall.
9. Perform routine maintenance jobs and repairs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
- Hotel Maintenance: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person