Introhive is currently on the hunt for a Human Resources Generalist for a nine (9) month term to join our growing team. There is potential for extension. Preference will be given to candidates in Fredericton, NB and Halifax, NS.
We are looking for an HR Generalist with outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. You will have excellent administrative and IT skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, you should display strong problem solving and decision-making skills with a deep understanding of HRIS management and payroll. The Human Resource Generalist will aid with and facilitate the human resource processes at all business locations. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Human Resources Function
- Coordinate with payroll to ensure accurate employee data.
- Assist with internal HR related inquiries or requests.
- Assist with onboarding new hires which includes: running background checks, issuing employment contracts, and scheduling orientation sessions.
- Assists with processing terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events, and maintain agendas as requested by the People Operations department head.
- Help coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Help maintain employee files in HRIS and Payroll.
- Assist with ad-hoc HR projects.
- Support other assigned functions.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
Culture Enablement Function
- Prepare office communications for Saint John and Fredericton offices
- Promotes and attends special events and functions; promotes and reports on corporate milestones and activities such as company goals and projects; new products or services; community service activities; and new hires, promotions, and retirements.
- Post graduate diploma in Human Resources or related field required.
- 1 - 2 years of Human Resources, management, administrative, or other relevant experience preferred.
- CPHR or SHRM designation preferred.
- Experience with workforce planning is considered an asset.
- Experience with payroll and benefits is considered an asset.
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, and related business and communication tools. HRIS knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.