Location: Logan Lake, British Columbia, CA
Highland Valley Copper
Are you looking for a new career opportunity maintaining some of the world’s largest mining equipment? This is the position for you! As a Heavy Duty Mechanic with Teck, you are responsible for maintaining our diverse fleet of equipment including Autonomous CAT 793D/F’s, CAT 793 C/D/F’s, CAT 789’s, D10's, 24M's, CAT and Komatsu loaders, 1850 Letourneau Loader’s, CAT 495 and P&H 2800/4100 Shovels, CAT Drills, and a wide range of Class 8 trucks.
We offer the chance to live and work in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. Our tradespeople work an attractive 4 x 4 days and nights shift schedule, allowing for plenty of work/life balance.
Tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Expanded Mental Health Support Services
- Outstanding Company Paid Pension
- Health & Wellness Benefit
- Relocation Assistance - Up to $10,000
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Perform duties that range from routine preventative maintenance to repairing major breakdowns, including troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Disassemble and reassemble components such as engines, transmissions, cooling systems etc.
- Provide innovative solutions and best practices
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair mobile off road mining equipment including haul trucks, graders, bulldozers, excavators, shovels, loaders, and other heavy equipment
- Working with brands including CAT, Komatsu, P&H, Hitachi, John Deere, Letourneau, Volvo, Marion upon others
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson’s Heavy Duty Mechanic or Red Seal Commercial Transport
- High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED), or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Previous mining experience is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
Job Segment: Coal Mining, HVAC, Counseling, Social Media, Mining, Operations, Healthcare, Marketing
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $54.41 per hour
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Do you have a valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson's Heavy Duty Mechanic certificate or Red Seal Commercial Transport certificate? Yes/No
Work Location: In person