Our main office is located in Orleans; however, the position is for developmental group homes located on Russell Road in Navan & Concession Residence in Russell, ON.
Seeking a Residential Support Worker for a full time Overnight asleep position.
Are you passionate about supporting individuals in a residential/community setting?
By joining our team, you will be joining a diverse, inclusive, and passionate team of employees who are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of the individuals we support.
- $21.64 per hour for asleep hours and $26.20 for awake hours.
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities.
- Membership in a matching RRSP program.
- Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care (for full time & part time).
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Free Parking.
- Friendly, respectful, supportive, and inclusive work environment.
Innovative Community Support Services (ICSS) is a non-profit charitable organization that is committed to creating and providing families & individuals with innovative, high quality and cost-effective community-based programs and services that promote a strong sense of wellbeing while making a positive contribution to our culturally diversified community.
The rotation includes evenings, overnights, and every 2nd weekend. Full time rotation of 70 hours.
NOTE: POSITIONS REQUIRE A VALID DRIVER'S LICENCE & VEHICLE.
The Residential Support Worker provides person-centered supports to individuals with a developmental disability, physical disability, challenging behaviours and/or a dual diagnosis in residential locations. The Residential Support Worker will work directly with individuals in helping set goals and making healthy life choices. The Residential Support Worker will work closely with the supervisor, the team, and individuals to lead, observe, plan and implement, programs and activities that promote learning and development in daily living, social and life skills.
- DSW, CYW, SSW, with experience in the field.
- Experience working with dual diagnosis, developmental disabilities, & mental health. Experience with challenging behavioural-type situations.
- Experience with individualized plans. Life/social skills programming.
- Experience in Trauma Informed Care.
- Experience in medication administration.
- Cooking and cleaning skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to set priorities to manage time within deadlines.
- Ability to follow direction and work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and support new and unacquainted individuals with minimal information.
- Computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and promote the rights and responsibilities of the individuals.
- Work independently or within a team to prioritize and complete shift requirements while still meeting the individual’s needs.
- Provide support to individuals by carrying out duties and following their support plans, considering their choices, needs, and actively involving them.
- Participate in assessment, goal setting, and program planning for the individual.
- Support each individual to develop skills and assume roles which promote their effective participation in the home and community.
- Provide support in areas of personal hygiene and care, as required.
- Follow through with the individual’s prescribed dietary needs.
- May perform general household cleaning duties.
- Follow all recording and reporting procedures.
- Develop and maintain respectful and positive cooperative working relationships to contribute to the integrated, seamless delivery of services from ICSS, including individuals, staff, families, etc.
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the agency.
Please include your resume as well as a cover letter outlining your accomplishments and indicating why you would be suitable for this position. Must have experience. We thank all candidates applying. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please check your junk inbox too.
No phone calls please.
If you are searching for a great team, a great agency and a rewarding career, ICSS is the place for you, and we want to hear from you!
ICSS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $21.64 per hour
Expected hours: 35 per week
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Health and safety measures in place regarding Covid-19.
- supportive care: 2 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
- First Aid Certification (required)
- CPR Certification (required)
Work Location: In person