About the Position
Would you like to join public firm with work-life balance and aims to be a compensation leader? Our client is focused on building a firm to complement their growing portfolio companies across various industries.
Tax Accountants are in demand, but truly “Talented” ones are the backbone of any firm. Their mastery, experience and attitude to share and support their team are those our client is seeking to help create a great work atmosphere; whether in-office or remote.
Reporting to the Tax Partners, this role is responsible for working on a variety of tax files and tax planning engagements, assisting clients with various tax matters, providing research and technical support, identifying and handling issues on files, and supporting the marketing initiatives of the practice. The individual also supervises and trains tax staff.
· 3+ years of recent work experience in public accounting
· 2+ years of experience in tax consulting
· Completion of In-depth Tax Program or Master of Taxation
Work closely with senior team member and partners in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives and in the development and implementation of long term tax planning strategies for various clients.
· Collaborate with Tax Partners and other senior staff; actively identifying, evaluating and resolving tax risks and exposures.
· Communicate and liaise with tax authorities and clients with matters concerning tax audits, appeals and tax positions.
· Prepare and review personal, corporate, trust and partnership tax returns along with other tax information forms and also preparing various tax election forms.
· Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis.
· Develop and implement tax strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities and documenting these tax strategies in memos or client letters.
· Manage tax compliance and consulting engagements and advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies, where applicable.
· Proactively resolve tax related issues with clients and other staff members through direct contact with clients, researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters.
· Discuss complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management.
· Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients.
· Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations.
· Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
· Review tax provisions, corporate tax filings, and information returns prepared by junior accountants.
· Coordinate and review the preparation of tax provisions and related financial statement disclosures for cross-border operations by ensuring accurate and timely reporting of tax liabilities, deferred tax assets/liabilities, and tax reserves in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
· Conduct research and analysis to assess the impact of tax law changes on the organization's cross-border activities and provide proactive recommendations.
· Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
· Completion of the In-depth Tax Program or in final year of In-depth Tax Program or successful completion of MTax program.
· Extensive understanding of relevant tax legislation, corporate, personal and trust tax planning and compliance
· Ability to manage a team, delegate work and deliverables
· Ability to engage clients to describe and market the firms' services and deliver high-quality deliverables
· Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
· Experience preparing and reviewing domestic tax compliance and implementing tax reorganizations
· Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, JazzIt, and Quickbooks
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $95,000.00-$135,000.00 per year
- Have you held a finance position within Canada for 1 year or greater
- Have You Completed Your CPA
- Have You completed In depth Tax Course or Master of Taxation Certification
- Do You Have 3 Years Of Public Accounting Experience?
- Do You Have 2 Years Of Tax Consulting Experience?
Work Location: In person