We currently have an opening for a Civil Engineer in our Whitehorse office.
You will assist our local staff in the design, construction, and project management of a wide variety of projects including small and large scale municipal developments, civil site development, and municipal rehabilitation projects. The core requirements for the role are strong technical capabilities covering all aspects of civil design specifically water, sanitary, and storm sewer design. Broader roles may include general design tasks related to municipal and transportation projects, mine site development, airports, and urban planning. You will have hands-on involvement in preparing studies, designs, cost estimates, specifications, and contract documents. Participation in scheduling, budgeting, tendering, and contract administration for infrastructure projects is also part of the role, including involvement in business development and preparation of proposals. You will also have significant interaction with clients, contractors, and sub-consultants. The position brings with it the potential for excellent career growth as you will be involved in many wide ranging and varied projects. Travel will be required at times based on project requirements.
Duties include the following:
- Acting as Project Engineer/Manager on assignments with assistance of senior engineers.
- Provide support to technicians and designers to ensure that contract drawings are accurately prepared and checked.
- Preparing written technical reports including but not limited to feasibility studies, concept design, detailed design, and design criteria reports.
- Preparing contract documents and construction drawings.
- Performing construction administration/inspection.
- Performing project management tasks including communications with clients, managing schedules, budgets, and reporting requirements.
- Achieving budget compliance on assigned engineering projects to ensure financial objectives are met or exceeded.
- Participate in marketing strategies and business development with clients to procure business.
- Assisting with writing proposals to procure new projects.
- Effectively and clearly communicating, both verbally and in writing, with clients.
- Coordinating sub-consultants activity on projects.
- Executing projects in accordance with company guidelines and standards.
What you will bring:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Eligible for professional licensing with Engineers Yukon as an P.Eng., with a minimum of 3 years of civil design experience.
- Experience in the undertaking of design, specifications, cost estimating, tendering, and construction.
- Proficient technical skills.
- Proven communication and organization skills.
- Committed team player.
- Track record in managing clients and developing client relationships.
- Proven people skills for both internal and external clients.
- Motivated to grow career.
- Ability to liaise effectively and clearly with clients, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable working on a variety of project types in a variety of disciplines and sectors across northern Canada.