Accounting and AAFC Support Specialist (2 positions)
1661 Portage Ave. Winnipeg, MB
Full-time, permanent, hybrid work opportunity
At CCGA, we rely on a meticulous financial system to drive business forward. Our ideal candidate has a natural passion for finance and eagerness to learn more about accounting, budgeting, and financial statement preparation.
What you’ll be doing:
Under the direction of the Accountant, the successful candidate will perform full cycle accounting procedures. The AAFC portion of this role is unique to CCGA, and training will be provided.
- Performing full cycle accounting procedures, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, month-end reconciliations and adjusting journal entries.
- Preparing daily, monthly, and quarterly tasks and reconciliations.
- Preparing monthly/annual financial statements and budget updates.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving variances and errors between CCGA’s internal reporting system and the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) online reporting system.
- Making recommendations to AAFC and CCGA management regarding changes required to improve system reporting.
- Advanced analytical, financial, and problems solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- To be organized and detail oriented with efficient time management skills and demonstrated ability to multitask, problem solve, and react positively to changing conditions and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel; Working knowledge of QuickBooks or similar accounting software.
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year of full cycle accounting experience.
- Post-secondary education in business administration/accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Why work at CCGA?
- Work-life balance. Hybrid work model.
- Competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- Coverage for health, prescriptions, vision, and dental care
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Physical Wellness Credit
- Group RRSP with employer-matched contributions
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Virtual Health Services
- Opportunities for learning & development
- Perkopolis employee discount program.
- Business casual dress code.
- Convenient location.
- Opportunities to participate on Social Committee, Health & Safety Committee, and Engagement Committee.
Who is CCGA?
Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA) is a champion for Canadian canola farmers – advocating for them, shaping policies that impact their farm businesses, and delivering services that address the opportunities or challenges that they face.
We carry an unwavering respect for the agriculture industry and the remarkable people who live it every day. This commitment, backed by decades of experience, enables us to enact positive change and help farmers unlock their growth potential.
We are the largest administrator of the Advance Payments Program, offering this financial program to close to 10,000 farmers in Western Canada each year.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top Employers (2023).
How to apply
Visit www.ccga.ca/careers to submit your resume and cover letter by October 10, 2023.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.