Project Coordinator, Construction - ( 230002ZX )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
You will report through a Project Director or Project Manager on one or various projects. This will allow growth potential as you will be exposed to clients, design and construction team members, program and project management processes, and strong project leaders. You will have the support and mentorship of our leadership and expert Programs and Project Management team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform project management activities as assigned by and in support of Project Manager / Director
- Conducts budget and schedule management
- Participate in activities of Design Team consisting of the Architect, Engineers, Equipment Planner and other consultants
- Deliver day-to-day project tracking and communication with the client and project team
- Prepare and distribute meeting notes to the project team
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project
- Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors
- Support the preparation of Monthly Reports to Owner
- Review all invoices and change orders associated with the project
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software
- Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications
- General understanding of design and construction process and requirements
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills and problem solving abilities
Education and Experience
- Three to five years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Acquires project management experience through on-the-job consulting projects and executing standard tasks
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1262 Transpt-CA PMCM
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 15, 2023, 3:02:11 PM
Req ID: 230002ZX
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans