Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $37.01 - $53.20 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others?
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations.
Our team of 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Detailed Overview: Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for providing leadership in Business Process Reengineering concepts, methods and technologies. Leads the analysis and documentation of business requirements for client-facing and internal Informatics services delivery processes for business, clinical, and systems support services within Fraser Health. The Senior Business Analyst will be engaged in multiple initiatives and will be responsible for project planning, business requirements gathering, data analysis and supporting the execution of projects and change management. Provides leadership and acts as an escalation point for Business Analysts to assist in resolving complex problems. Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic planning support and change management services by leading and providing senior level support and guidance in streamlining business processes and best practices for health and corporate information systems capture and utilization.
- Leads, develops, and maintains the business processes necessary to facilitate care provider access to health and corporate information systems by conducting feasibility studies and determining user requirements for the uptake of health and corporate information functionality or systems. Leads, coordinates and/or participates in initiatives and process redesign that supports and follows the service management methodology.
- Provides senior level business analysis by carrying out work flow analysis, developing business information requirements and models, defining business scope and objectives and planning, designing, or modifying practical manual and automated business processes.
- Provides health information systems projects responsibility, under the direction of the Lead or Portfolio Manager, by performing business systems analysis support. Will lead small projects and provide project management guidance to Business Analysts.
- Analyzes and diagnoses health information systems applications and/or business issues and provides resolution to either the systems or the business processes. Supports business process changes and/or functional changes to health information systems in support of business practice requirements by testing, modifying, and maintaining the integrated health information systems applications.
- Develops Service Level Agreements between Informatics and assigned business areas to support the movement of projects to operational status, maintenance, and support.
- Resolves operational issues with health information systems as identified internally or externally from the Informatics Customer Service desk.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of health informatics goals, objectives, policies and procedures for Informatics and assigned business areas within Fraser Health.
- Participates on assigned internal and external committees as required and works collaboratively as a member of the Health Information Systems and Services team.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Systems Management or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Three (3) to five (5) years of recent, related experience in a medium to large sized organization. Experience with health and corporate information systems.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health and corporate information systems.
- Ability to analyze business processes and business specifications.
- Knowledge of systems analysis, design and development life cycle theory, concepts and practices.
- Ability to develop innovative system/computing technology approaches and
- solutions for customer business needs.
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.