Tierney, Simpson & Prytula Professional Corporation, established in 1975, is a local firm built on exceptional relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide extraordinary service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits such as health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance and paid sick days.
This unique role is perfect for a well-rounded professional who has significant tax knowledge as well as accounting experience as you prepare for partnership.
Our Kingston office is looking for a Senior Tax Manager with the opportunity for partnership in 1 year or less for the right candidate to join the team and own the following responsibilities:
- Lead client engagements for a wide variety of clients including small and medium sized businesses (no public companies and no audits).
- Apply specialized knowledge to anticipate, identify and address tax issues relevant to the client’s business.
- Identify as well as develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business and tax opportunities. This includes recognizing tax reorganization opportunities and reviewing personal, corporate, trust and estate tax returns.
- Build positive working relationships with clients and provide effective support for engagements.
- Complete detailed review of compilation engagement files.
Your experience and education
- You have a CPA designation
- Completion of the In-Depth Tax Program considered an asset
- You have 7 years’ experience in public accounting with advanced experience in Tax for a minimum of 2 years
- You have extensive understanding of relevant tax legislation, corporate, personal and trust tax planning and compliance.
- You value client service and quality in detailed work
- You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Joe VanNiedek and include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person