WHO WE ARE:
York Railroad Construction Inc. is a full-service contractor for the railway industry. Our mission is to deliver safe, cutting-edge and environmentally sustainable maintenance and construction services to railway track owners and operators across Canada.
- Ballast Regulator/Stabilizer Operators
- Tamper Operators
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DETAILED BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG/ALCOHOL SCREENING IN ORDER TO ACQUIRE CLEARANCE FOR ACCESS TO RAILWAY WORK SITES.
- Valid Driver’s License
- First Aid/CPR courses considered an asset
- CROR certification considered an asset
These positions require travel 100% of the time throughout Western Canada for extended periods of time. Railway work is VERY physically demanding and will require working in all types of weather conditions and climate.
You will be working in a team environment building and maintaining railways in numerous locations across Western Canada. You must be able to operate various hand-held tools, small equipment and handle hazardous materials.
- Ensuring safety is a priority to yourself, fellow team members, the general public and the assets of the company by following pre-set policies and procedures
- Daily walk around inspection of machines, general housekeeping of machines and minor repairs when required to ensure safe operation
- Compliance with track rules and instructions according to CROR
- Communicate effectively
- Meet productivity level requirements set out by Supervisors/Foremen
- Filling out required paperwork in a neat and accurate manner and adhering to submission deadlines
- Operating a Ballast Regulator/Stabilizer
- Driving of company vehicles in a responsible, respectful and safe manner
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates for these roles will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to operate required tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Knowledge of workplace safety as well as safe lifting and handling procedures
- Effective communication skills including speaking, writing and listening
- Effective team player
- Fluent in reading, writing and understanding the English language
- Be respectful and courteous to others, pose cultural awareness of others and demonstrate strong and positive work ethics.
- Physically capable of repetitive bending, standing for long periods of time, lifting/carrying 50 lbs. unassisted, repetitive swinging motions and walking on uneven surfaces (approximately 3 miles per day).
- Ability to work in the elements across all weather conditions (summer heat, rain, dusty conditions, winter cold etc.)
- Willingness to work with hazardous materials such as creosote, lubricants, oil, gasoline and diesel fuel safely
- Ability to be exposed to continuous and regular loud noises
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $32.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Please describe your experience in Rail Construction.
- Describe your experience on either the Ballast Regulator or the Mark IV Tamper.
- Rail Construction: 2 years (preferred)
- Ballast Regulator/Mark IV Tamper Operating: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: On the road