This position supervises and trains the sanitation staff and is accountable for the cleanliness (micro- and macro-levels) of all processing equipment and production areas.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Commitment to Quality
- Time Management
- Result Focus
- Customer Focus
- Train and supervise the sanitation staff
- Be knowledgeable and assist in and co-ordinate training in the following areas:
- Chemical Handling
- Pressure Washer Handling
- Safety Orientation and periodic review of safety awareness (including wearing Personal Protection Devices, lock out procedure, and WHIMIS)
- Progressive training of sanitation staff in GMP and cost-effective sanitation techniques and procedures
- Allergen issues and criteria for Allergen Prevention Program
- Proper cleaning procedures for all production equipment (including procedures on protection of all electrical and delicate equipment components prior to cleaning/ ensuring adherence to SOP’s)
- Ensure that all staff under your direction are equipped with and are using the proper personal protective equipment as required
- Perform daily inspection at end of shift to ensure all equipment are properly cleaned and sanitized
- Ensure that cleaning equipment, instruments, tools and accessories are adequate to do tasks and maintained in good working order
- Ensure that all cleaning chemicals, utensils, tools, and equipment are properly returned to storage at the end of each shift
- Provide support/coordinate with other departments (QA, production and maintenance) to make sure that all tasks are performed and completed on a daily basis in a safe manner
- Troubleshoot, document, and report line cleaning problems to Production/Plant Manager.
- Review weekly work schedules and make corrections if necessary
- Report any personnel issues on the shift to the Production/Plant Manager
- Ensure that there is an adequate supply of cleaning chemicals for each shift and prepare chemical requisition forms as needed.
- Monitor and manage water usage and waste water discharge issues
- Work in tandem with the sanitation crew to ensure all cleaning duties are performed within the allotted time frame.
- Report observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or nonconformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment to the management team immediately.
- Perform safety checks (Production Plant / Warehouse) and lock up procedures.
- Ensure effective communication of all policies and procedures to sanitation staff
- Other duties assigned by Production/Plant Manager
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Promote and follow all company and regulatory standards, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Report all safety concerns to a member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee and the concerned Supervisor/Manager
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Grade 12 or College Diploma or Post-Secondary Vocational/Technical School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in food production or sanitation
- Progressive supervisory and training experience
- Basic Level 1 First Aid
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Permanent Full-time position (40 hours per week).
- Work is performed 100% in production facility
- Must possess strength, stamina and mobility for heavy lifting, frequent climbing of ladders, and kneeling down to clean and/or pick up objects on the floor
- Frequent handling of caustic and acidic cleaning chemicals
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet business needs
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable
Please email your resume/CV to:
Email: [email protected]
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.