Job Code: 23OCT83
Office Clerical Technical
CATALOGUER – 23OCT83
The Upper Grand District School Board(UGDSB) employs approximately 4,000 dedicated staff who serve more than 35,000 students attending a variety of programs across 65 elementary and 11 secondary schools as well as continuing education and adult learning centres in the counties of Dufferin, Wellington and the City of Guelph. The UGDSB covers the ancestral and treaty lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Six Nations of the Grand River, and Saugeen Ojibway Nation.
The UGDSB is committed to disrupting systemic racism and oppression in all of its forms. We are committed to building a diverse staff that is reflective of and adds value to the community and students we serve. We actively encourage applications from members of groups who have historically and/or currently experience marginalization and/or barriers to equity, including, but not limited to:
- First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples, and all other Indigenous people
- Persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions
- Members of groups that commonly experience discrimination based on race, ancestry, ethnicity, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin
- Persons with visible and/or invisible disabilities
We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Employee Health and Wellness
At UGDSB, we recognize that many of the identities listed above do not exist in a single form and are often intersecting with multiple identities, which can be complex and create unique experiences for applicants. We value the contributions that each person brings, and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment where everyone can participate fully, thrive, and reach their full potential.
The Board invites qualified applicants for this full-time temporary position with an end date of May 24, 2024 with a possibility of extension. Duties will commence as soon as possible.
LOCATION: Terry James Resource Centre
SALARY RANGE: $19.46 to $24.28 per hour (35 hours per week)
FTE/HOURS: 1.0 FTE (35 hours per week)
The Media Centre is open Monday to Thursday until 5:30 p.m. This position works 35 hours per week with the possibility of working the occasional closing shift
BOARD INFORMATION: OCT Union, 12-month position
- Create and maintain derived and original bibliographic records for library materials in
both print and digital formats, including French materials, by using industry-standard
classification and cataloguing systems and tools (i.e. BookWhere)
- Prepare and process library materials by applying barcode labels, spine label stickers,
and dust jackets
- Develop and implement centralized cataloguing policies and procedures in collaboration
with the Cataloguing team, Head Cataloguer, and Supervisor of Library & Media
- Assist Teacher-Librarians with special Learning Commons projects (i.e. inventories,
relabelling) in collaboration with the Cataloguing team and Head Cataloguer
- Perform opening/closing shift duties including locking/unlocking the door; turning
equipment on/off; alarm system; ensuring the TJRC has no remaining occupants; etc.
- Support the Resource and Kit Library staff by checking in returns, shelving items, etc.
- Support the Media Centre staff by preparing educational materials (i.e. posters,
worksheets) requested by UGDSB staff, when required
- Library and Information Technician diploma from a community college
- At least 1 year of library-related work experience, preferably in a school library setting
- At least 1 year of experience with library standard classification and cataloguing systems
and tools (i.e. MARC, Dewey classifications, RDA, etc.)
- At least 1 year of experience with integrated library systems
- At least 1 year of experience with collaborative teamwork
- At least 1 year of customer service or similar work experience
- Working knowledge of French would be considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to email their cover letter and resume in PDF format, specifying ‘Job Code 23OCT83’in the subject line, no later than 4:00 p.m. EST on Monday June 19, 2023. Please include with your resume a list of professional references and relevant supporting educational and/or training documentation.
Accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance to the Manager of Wellness and Employee Health.
The successful external candidate will be required to produce an original Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) prior to the commencement of employment. The VSC must be dated within 6 months of the start date of employment. For further information, refer to the UGDSB’s Criminal Record Checkrequirements.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in working for the Upper Grand District School Board, we wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
…Equal Opportunity Employer…
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $19.46-$24.28 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON N1E 6K2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-19