Trebas Institute, established in 1979, is a private vocational school with campuses in Montreal and Toronto and offering a broad range of programs in audio, film and television, business and technology as well as music, event and entertainment management. Our mission is to provide high-quality and accessible education and support services to maximize our students’ success and learning experience. We strive to achieve this mission through a commitment to excellence, innovation, interdisciplinary collaboration, as well as inclusiveness and diversity. Trebas Institute is a member of the Global University Systems Canada network of higher education institutions.
The Director of Academics and Student Success will manage the academic, business, and operational affairs of the academic programs and student services. The role holder will be responsible for the development and application of institutional regulations and policies relating to programs of study, admission, evaluation of learning and certification of studies. The role holder serves as a key leader within the Trebas Institute and advocates for comprehensive and integrated services that support student transition, progression, and success, that promotes student engagement.
Strategic Leadership and Management
- Develops and maintains a vision for educational growth of the institute with a goal of ensuring a strong and positive customer service culture and shares accountability for the development, implementation, and attainment of Trebas’ strategic goals.
- Provide motivational leadership to the team, focusing on respect, and setting an example by displaying core values of Trebas.
- Provides leadership to Program Managers to develop a cohesive and integrated team that is focused on high quality programming and services to support student transition and success.
- Ensure that all courses and programs offered within the Department of Academic Affairs meet or exceed established internal and external accreditation standards, relevance, and quality.
- Work closely with Program Managers to identify training needs and to develop learning plans.
- Innovate, develop, and deliver an effective learning environment utilizing available resources to incorporate various teaching/learning methods to meet the course objectives.
- Manage lesson planning, assignments, class management, and overall course assessment of the students, work while ensuring student's awareness of course objectives and scoring rubric for all information technology programs.
- Recruit, interview, and mentor new departmental faculty and serve as a mentor in implementing practical teaching skills.
- Involve in teacher induction and maintain records of teacher observation & appraisal.
- Ensures innovation and creativity in program design and delivery methods.
- Participate in faculty meetings, orientations, graduation exercises, and other functions as directed.
- Ensure all educational activity is conducted legally and ethically by overseeing compliance for regulations and requirements with all regulatory bodies
- Participate in professional development activities and programs as required by accreditation/regulatory agencies.
- Develops appropriate venture leading to enhanced quality academic experiences by forming networks and linkages with other colleges and universities by way of articulation agreements, advisory committees, and projects.
Student Success and Retention
- Provide leadership in Trebas’ student success strategies.
- Review registration statistics and consult with student services and faculty members to develop registration policies.
- Oversee student enrollment records and student program registration to ensure it aligns with the course timetables.
- Oversee and execute new student’s orientation day timetables and presentations.
- Oversee the assessment process for all teachers, including internal and external verification processes in association with the QA team.
- Ensures the areas of information, communication, technology and learning innovation are planned and developed to enhance and support the learning experience of all students.
- Sets the strategic approaches for academic services leading to student success with the collaborative assistance and support of all academic staff.
- Monitors and inculcates best practices in advising, student financial aid and awards, student orientation and student engagement, and ensures that all services and programs undergo regular review.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s or equivalent in a related field (e.g., Leadership, Higher Education, Student Services) required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in curriculum and academic program development in a post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of teaching experience in the vocation or equivalent work experience or a combination of both.
- Direct experience working in at least one of: academic advising, student financial aid and awards, or student orientation.
- Experience with quality assurance and demonstrated excellence in program design and curriculum development for alternative delivery of programs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A progressive academic leader with a demonstrated ability to develop academic direction and plans within the context of the Trebas’ strategic plan.
- French and English are a requirement.
- Superior communication abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong knowledge of software and forms as used by Quebec Ministry of Education
- Knowledge of best practices and research in curriculum, assessment, and instruction.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team of educators.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching, supervising student work, and providing support and feedback is highly desirable.
- Ability to inspire and motivate through the creation of a shared academic vision.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet prescribed deadlines .
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and inclusively to coordinate projects and initiatives among various campus constituencies.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a range of diverse students both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity to interact effectively with the diverse students and colleagues.
- Demonstrated track record and accountability for student success.
- Sound business acumen to enable effective resource allocation and management.
- Knowledge of program QA process as per regulatory requirements and/or frameworks.
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein, Permanent
Salaire : 65 000,00$ à 75 000,00$ par an
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Horaires de travail :
Date de début prévue : 2023-06-12