HGH is a bilingual community hospital which has more than 800 employees and 160 physicians, and serves the Prescott-Russell region in Ontario.
With a heritage of over 100 years of quality care delivery, HGH is known for its culture of compassion, spirit of innovation and excellence of care. HGH is now growing and becoming a full-service regional hospital to meet the changing need of the community.
HGH offers to its employees a dynamic clinical environment that promotes a diverse and interdisciplinary professional practice. Our hospital offers access to services among the best in the region, including 40 specialized clinics, in addition to the full range of general care and services. The opportunities for professional challenges and career advancement are diverse and encourage all to excel.
Hawkesbury General Hospital is looking for a Business Analyst whose versatility and ability to prioritize are matched only by their exemplary customer approach and empathy. Apply today and join a dynamic clinical environment with a culture of compassion, innovation and excellence!
CHALLENGES AWAITING YOU
The Business Analyst is responsible for managing and maintaining IT/IS applications. Aligned with ITIL best practices, this professional, will administer and manage services and processes for the IT/IS department to provision quality services to its business partners.
The Business Analyst is responsible for applications, incorporating users from diverse groups such as finance, material management, nursing, physicians, scheduling, human resources, admissions, pharmacy and volunteering. The applications are used by approximately 1000 users at 6 different sites.
This position will serve as a liaison between the IT department and operations team lead and managers to align system design with operational processes. This includes data collection, data validation, workflow analysis, system configuration, testing, and support. The incumbent participates in application deployment and procedure documentation. Ensures that the software build meets organizational goals.
TOP 10 REASONS TO CHOOSE THE HAWKESBURY GENERAL HOSPITAL
1. To work in a bilingual, innovative environment, with state-of-the-art equipment and an electronic patient record management system (EPIC).
2. To work in an environment where you'll be part of a big family, and where everyone is committed to serving the patient and the community.
3. To benefit from competitive conditions, such as various premiums based on collective agreements, a complete range of fringe benefits and an employee and family assistance program, including the HOOPP, a defined-benefit pension plan, considered one of the largest and most respected in Canada.
4. To improve your quality of life and say goodbye to traffic jams by enjoying a smooth flow of traffic to and from work.
5. Free, secure parking for all employees, with charging stations for hybrid and electric cars.
6. To hone your skills and advance your career through a wide range of training and development opportunities.
7. To live in a central region, on the Quebec border, only an hour from Montreal and Ottawa, along the Ottawa River.
8. To live in a place that suits all lifestyles: Hawkesbury offers the services of a town with the advantages of the countryside.
9. To be able to choose to offer your family a bilingual education, in French or English, at any of the 43 educational institutions in the area.
10. To marvel at and discover the region's vast green spaces, its parks and forests, its range of leisure, sports and cultural services, not to mention its accessibility to a vast national and international transportation network.
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME POSITION FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 YEAR (Maternity leave replacement)
MOSTLY ON-SITE POSITION IN HAWKESBURY, ON
If, like all of us, you want to be devoted for life and use your professional background to make a difference in the Hawkesbury community, apply today!
As a pre-condition of employment:
All new HGH employees will be required to obtain and provide a satisfactory Police Records Check dated within six (6) months from the date of issue.
As of now, HGH will require all employees, physicians, learners, contractors and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
At HGH, we are committed to promoting an accessible work environment where all employees and candidates feel respected. We support the principles of adaptation in the workplace. If you need workplace accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process or anytime thereafter, please notify a member of the Human Resources team. We will be pleased to assist you and accommodate your needs.
What we are looking for
- College Diploma in Computer Sciences or Development
(a combination of experience and education could be considered equivalent)
- 3 years of experience working in healthcare, supporting and managing applications
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and English
- Excellent knowledge of Epic system
- Ability to learn and research new applications or technologies.
- Ability to train users on new application or technologies.
- Strong Ability to work effectively as a team member and team leader.
- Strong ability to evaluate workflows and recommend changes.
- Excellent documentation skills (policies, procedures)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both official languages.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Driver’s License. Valid in Ontario