Legal Assistant Administrator - St John's
Drake International is currently hiring a Legal Assistant a wonderful Law office in the St. John’s area. This will be an immediate start for a contract opening with the government . This is a great opportunity and a great way to get your foot in the door with this great client.
As a member of the team the successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of legal and administrative support functions, including but not limited to:
What We Offer
- Full time - term contract 2 months with the possibility of extension
- $24.06 per hour plus 4% and up based on experience
- Paid training for all on site systems
- Wonderful support team and management on site
- immediate start date
- term contract opening
What You Do
- Assist with maintaining a portfolio of accounts
- Other related duties as may be required
- Abide by all regulations and laws
- Be willing to work Monday - Friday 40+ hours per week
- Be willing to learn/grow with the company
Providing administrative support to assigned lawyers(s) legal practice by:
- Preparing, reviewing and editing a wide range of legal documents, client applications and correspondence of a confidential nature
- Managing all incoming/outgoing correspondence and phone calls in a confidential, organized and efficient manner
- Establishing and maintaining lawyers calendars, including arranging meetings, travel and scheduling of reminders
- Acting as a liaison between lawyers, clients, staff members and outside organizations
- Creating and maintaining a filing system
- Assisting with knowledge sharing, mentoring and training of co-workers and new employees as requested
What You Bring
- Outgoing, engaging & Energetic
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Precise attention to detail
- High level of patience
- work independently
- clean criminal record
- Legal/Administrative Assistant Diploma (or equivalent) or 1-3 years’ experience in a similar administrative role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- the ability to handle difficult situations and problem solve as needed
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- strong work ethic and the ability to take initiative
- a positive attitude and are passionate about providing above-average client service
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a Certificate of Conduct with Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.
Apply now—we look forward to meeting you!
Since 1951, Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing: we help people find the right role at any stage of their career—in Canada, and around the world. We work directly with employers to bring you the best opportunities, at no cost to you.
Sign up for job alerts at drakeintl.com and make your next move with Drake.