OZ Optics Limited is a leading worldwide supplier of fiber optic products, test equipment and sensors. It is located in Canada's capital city of Ottawa and established in 1985.
- Every employee receives full benefits including medical, dental, and optical and life insurance with the premiums paid for by OZ Optics.
- Opportunity to work alongside with subject matter experts in fiber optics
- Opportunity to work on world-class products with cutting-edge technologies
- Best recreational facilities company can offer. Squash and basketball courts, weight-training rooms, indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub for use by employees
- Staff events - adult and children's holiday parties, Easter egg hunt, family summer barbeque, and soccer games.
- Free on-site parking
To procure material, capital equipment, and services for production, engineering, facilities, or operating requirements that meets OZ standards of acceptability, within the specified time frame and at the most favorable price.
- Locate/identify sources of supply.
- Prepare and issue quotation requests (RFQ's).
- Analyze responses to RFQ's and select supplier(s) for purchase order (PO) award based on evaluation of price, quality and delivery expectations.
- Rationalize, with appropriate internal personnel, any price, delivery and technical issues where cost targets or requisitioner needs/ expectations are exceeded or deviated from.
- Negotiate and place purchase orders after satisfactory resolution of the above items, in accordance with company purchasing policy.
- Expedite (in conjunction with Expeditor) delivery of ordered material/services in accordance with the supplier promised delivery date or with changes in company requirements.
- Administer open orders and appropriately liaise between end users and suppliers to negotiate and satisfactorily resolve any changes initiated by either party.
- Compose routine written communications, to both internal and external contacts, such as spreadsheets, memos/letters, and specific terms and conditions.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of alternate suppliers as a consequence of having developed some familiarity with assigned commodities.
Community college diploma in Business Administration preferably with major in Materials Management or with purchasing/ materials/ MRP courses.
Minimum of 10 years related experience.
- Basic aptitude for negotiating.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills; articulate ideas or problems using basic grammatical skills.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Vision care
All employees are required to do daily Covid-19 assessments, wear masks at all times, practice on-going sanitization and social distancing.
- purchasing: 1 year (preferred)