Kindret Landscaping is a leader in its industry and involved in award winning landscape maintenance and construction. It conducts services such as; commercial multi-dwelling & residential landscape design and construction, year round maintenance, and snow clearing in winter months.
As a result of continued growth and consumer demand, we are currently seeking the services of experienced full-time Lawn Care Supervisors to join our team-oriented environment and manage our lawn care maintenance division with continued excellence.
The Lawn Care Supervisor will be responsible for all aspects of coordinating and supervising crews to work on the company’s landscape maintenance properties for residential and commercial customers. This is a multi-faceted position which requires the ability to compile weekly work schedules, effectively organize and manage crews to complete work on time, supervise work crews, and ensure quality and safety are maintained at all times.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate and manage crews on all maintenance properties, including lawn and snow clearing.
Ensure properties activities are completed on-time, and in-line with customer expectations for quality and service.
Coordinate all aspects of lawn maintenance at properties:
- Spring cleanup
- Coordinate equipment/machinery requirements as well as diagnosing equipment problems and performing general maintenance
- Oversee snow clearing operations.
- Manage/oversee Quality control and progress
- Resolving customer issues.
- Fall cleanup.
Supervise and delegation of work crews in an efficient and professional manner, ensuring efficiency in completion of projects, quality workmanship, safe work practices and work sites, coaching and support for crew members, and respect for customer property.
Must demonstrate the ability to problem solve and take corrective action with the day to day operations of a maintenance company, including but not limited to physical challenges on the work site, and rescheduling of daily operations due to inclement weather.
Participate in ‘hands-on’ activities for various projects as required, including operation of all equipment used in lawn care.
Required Skills / Qualifications / Personal Characteristics
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in lawn care maintenance, preferably in a management capacity
- Strong understanding of small engines and power equipment, Ability to operate machinery used on properties (ex. Power equipment, lawn tractors, trucks and trailers etc.)
- Horticultural experience, plant identification & turf knowledge
- Supervisory skills – ability to effectively schedule, coach, direct and support work crews
- Exceptional Time management skills – task prioritizing, scheduling of crews and sub trades, planning for unexpected events (weather, unforeseen physical obstacles, etc.)
- Ability to lead and manage independently, demonstrate integrity on properties, obtain and maintain respect from work crews (employees and sub trades) as well as customers
- Computer skills (Windows, Internet, MS Office, ability to learn industry-specific programs)
- Strong team orientation and a can do attitude.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 40+ hours per week. Incidental evening and/or weekend hours will be required depending on company needs and weather. In the event of workdays being cancelled by the weather it is understood that the manager uses this as a day to get ahead with equipment issues, paperwork etc.
The company offers a competitive compensation package for the right individual and a benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with skills, knowledge, abilities, and experience of the successful candidate. This is a full time year round position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$28.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Landscape maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person